Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 New machine transfer query
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robwuk

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  12:22:55  Show Profile  Reply
I have moved my users and groups to a new installation successfully using new database and importing users etc

I didnt want to move the folder as the other installation is not setup as i want it and it is not setup in diffent locations on the hard drive etc

However there is one issue i overlooked, and that is the sending history for previous campaigns, is there a way of transferring this information? All the users and groups are the same (at present).

Rob

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2017 :  01:31:36  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Rob

If you import contacts rather than copy the database across then you will lose all information other than members.

You would be better off to copy your database across. You can choose to copy just the database, without the settings, if you do not require that.

Though I'm not sure why you would not want to copy the database and settings across. What settings do you not want on the new computer?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

robwuk

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2017 :  03:03:38  Show Profile  Reply
Hi, thankyou for reply

I assumed export would of done the lot

The reason I didn't copy from folder was I didn't want any settings transferred across, lots of changes had been made that were no longer needed, and I thought stating fresh with the setting I want would of been better.. I wanted all the settings to be default and my changes made on top of this, as I plan to have two databases each using seperate database as the each have different mail settings and stationery

I will try and copy database and give that a go

Cheers Rob
Go to Top of Page

robwuk

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2017 :  19:17:11  Show Profile  Reply
all sorted now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly