Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Directories in temp folder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ssant

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  00:09:23  Show Profile  Reply
I recently had a problem with maillistking being unable to locate attachments when sending and a error coming up. When I looked in the temp folder (C:\Users\mail.RDAA\AppData\Local\Temp) I found about 11500 folders had been created with names like ~mlk672010-165647. When I deleted these folders maillist king worked fine again. Any ideas on how I can stop these folders being created. I am using ver 9.21r
Steve

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  21:57:12  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Steve

Generally MLK will automatically delete all temporary files and folders when it is done with them, so I'll need to investigate how you were left with so many remnants.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

ssant

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  22:42:36  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel, still having problems sending mail with attachments am getting the following error

"The attached file, c:\users\mail~1.rda\appdata\local\temp file.pdf cannot be located. Do you still want to send the message?"

If I hit yes it sends without the attachement.

We are also having the odd problem on one of our mail list reciepinets getting the email in chinese - about 2-5 reciepients out of 1600. Any ideas?

Steve

Steve
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  19:08:05  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Steve

Was the file one of the ones you deleted from your temp folder?

The "Chinese Characters" are due to an issue in Microsoft Exchange (on the recipients end). You can resolve the problem by ensuring you specify the character encoding for the message.

To do this click the Edit button on the Message Sending Toolbar then specify your desired Encoding option. For those of us in the English speaking world it is Western European (Windows).

The issue has been discussed on our forum at:

http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2752

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

ssant

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  19:39:48  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel

I tracked down the problem with chinese charactors, it could not be fixed by changing outlook settings because we use Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access (OWA) on Exchange 2003 when sending from home etc. The problem occurs when mail is sent via OWA and Exchange 2003 and a Exchange 2007 server. We had this problem where we sent the mail and another organisation used Exchange 2007 and the message ended up be garbled. Microsoft have a hot fix available - Article ID: 935489 - An e-mail message is corrupted after the Disclaimer rule is enabled on an Exchange Server 2007-based server. I also suspect if the mail was sent via the internal SMTP it may not occur.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  02:17:39  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Steve

Did you see the discussion on this Exchange issue at:

http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2752

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

ssant

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  05:09:29  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel the issue you refer to is different but related. There solution posted on the forum is a workaround and only works for Outlook not for OWA.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  21:17:10  Show Profile  Reply
Sorry Steve,

I realize now that i had already pointed you to that link, and you had ruled it out. My brain must have been on cruise control that day

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: