Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 SMTP reset
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

irpworks

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  09:03:08  Show Profile  Reply
MLK Business Edition v8.50R

SMTP batch, 5 minutes apart, 49 per batch. AT&T is ISP. No sending limits, has supported big mailings on a regular basis though I've not been sending much more than 1000 to 2500 in the last year, and that only about once a month.

Error: An error was encountered connecting to your SMTP Server: Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer.

Now having a problem with quite a few stops in sending - not every 49 batch but at random points - in the current 2200 piece mailing I'm trying to get out now, it will send many batches then fail. Then it might just send one batch and fail, then several and then fail. To finish the message I waited for the error message again; it ran 4 batches of 49 before failing again.

Any ideas?

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  20:43:16  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

If sending has worked correctly, but is now failing then you need to consider what has changed?

First consider local changes, particularly installing/upgrading anti-virus software, firewall or router.

Next, has your ISP changed their configuration or policy that is affecting your sending?

Finally, is your IP address on a black list? Try getting a new IP address (e.g by disconnecting and reconnecting to your ISP) or check the IP against popular black lists.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

irpworks

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  08:01:00  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks. None of these things seem to be the problem except that maybe the ISP (AT&T) is having trouble. The problem has existed in the past and then goes away and has come back. In this case, almost the entire 2nd half of the list mailed without error - very odd.

I posted in case you knew of some setting in MLK which might help.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  01:46:00  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Robert

It's possible it is a transient issue with your ISP. Use the "Resend" function in MLK to send to the failed recipients.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: