Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Graphics and Unsub Message problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

michael2451

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  09:53:05  Show Profile  Reply
Hi!

From time to time I have a problem with MailKing where when I send out a message with graphics in it when it is received the graphics have been removed. I have RichText checked as my standard. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I would like to ask this: When I subscribe someone to my list a subscribe message is automatically sent out. When I unsubscribe someone no message is sent out. The box is checked next to the unsub message.

thanks,

Michael

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  23:46:27  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Michael

Is there any pattern to when graphics are not seen in the received message? I.e. are they using a particular email software product, or are the images different in some way?

Regarding the unsub message not being sent, go into View > Options, Automatic Emails and click the Edit button beside the Unsub message box to check the unsub message file is available.

Then in the main window select Edit > Add/Remove Addresses. Specify an email address (such as mine), choose the unsubscribe option and click the box to send an acknowledgment. Does it work there?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

michael2451

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  10:10:27  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel: I figured out what I was doing wrong regarding the unsubscribe message. The message was there. When I would add someone to a group all I did was add the address and a subscrine message was sent. When I unsubbed someone I deleted them from the group but a message was not sent. I went to the list command for add/remove member and that worked correctly.

As to the graphics, all the graphics are the same. It only seems to happen to certai meassges formed in Outlook or in Word and then copied to MailKing and yet others formed the same way go right through without a problem. The next time it happens I will send you the message as I received it and as I sent it. Maybe you will see something I don't.

I did have this problem once before but it seemed to correct itself after awhile. It happened when I sent a message as text only and then went to send a message as Richtext. After i went back and forth between the two commands it eventually stopped. I have not used the text only feature since then. I was wondering if it would be possible, in a future update of MailKing, to use HTML for messages rather than RichText?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  23:26:59  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Michael

MLK does not use not use Rich Text (in terms of RTF format) but rather it uses HTML. The editor MLK uses is the Microsoft HTML editing component (which gives it good compatibility with Outlook and Outlook Express).

Next time you encounter the problem please send us your source file and the steps to take to reproduce the issue.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: