Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Possible Feature Request...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

electricwind

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  19:55:57  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

I've been trying to figure out a way for MLK to act as a nudger. For example, I create an initial message to names from the DB filter, and I want MLK to resend the same message every 3 days and stop when there is a reply.

I thought about putting a code in the message and then process the reply as a webform and indicate in MLK that when this field is true, stop sending the delayed messages. But I noticed that there is already what I'm looking for in the Double Optin, where the optin message repeats until it is answered. Couldn't that be applied to ANY message?

It'd sure save me a lot of time, and would greatly increase my productivity.

Boyd

PS I guess I could use Return Receipt Requests, but they wouldn't have the same impact, and people can turn those off in Outlook.

ILH

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  07:36:53  Show Profile  Reply
You could do it two different ways:

1) with a link in the email that puts the "unsubscribe" message in the subject line of reply email - that would take them out of the group.

2) or a link in the email to a simple HMTL page with a tick-box on a form that do the same function (i.e. unsubscribe them from the group).

Either way, the action would remove them from the group - thus eliminating them from further messages.

--
Ian Hubling
ian@hubling.com
Go to Top of Page

electricwind

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  13:22:51  Show Profile  Reply
Hey Ian,

Mmmmm... that's a good solution in lieu of something more official.

Thanks!

Boyd
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  01:32:17  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Boyd

Yes, you are correct in that you would need to use the Delayed Messages function with automatic resend enabled.

As for stopping when they reply, either use the unsubscribe method Ian suggested or another way would be:

- Create a folder in Outlook
- When they reply to a message have Outlook rules move them to your folder
- Use MLK's automatic folder processing tasks to get addresses from all messages in the folder and add them to a new group
- Use the option for delayed message sending to STOP sending when a user is found in the group

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: