Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 WELCOME MESSAGE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roberto

13 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  04:21:41  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,
I have 3 group, I would like in automatic welcome message. The problem that always is the same welcome message. I subscibe a group call "adv", but the welcome mesage is from a group that I set call "People".
please help me

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  05:19:42  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

You can create personal welcome messages for each group under View>Options, Acknowledge. Select the group and click the "Edit Message" button. You can also create a message that is used for anyone subscribing to a group that does not have a welcome message.

Regarding your issue, are you saying you have created a message for "adv", but when someone subscribes to "adv" they get a welcome message for a different group?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Roberto

13 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  06:24:13  Show Profile  Reply
yes I have 3 groups (default) People, Adv and Press. But when you subscrive you always receive the message from the welcome message that i create for people

quote:
Originally posted by xequte

Hi

You can create personal welcome messages for each group under View>Options, Acknowledge. Select the group and click the "Edit Message" button. You can also create a message that is used for anyone subscribing to a group that does not have a welcome message.

Regarding your issue, are you saying you have created a message for "adv", but when someone subscribes to "adv" they get a welcome message for a different group?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  04:18:07  Show Profile  Reply
Hmmm, i can't really see how that would happen. I'll email you some debug logging info.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

sistasluv

25 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  20:04:41  Show Profile  Reply
I was having the same problem but didnt realize all the messages "Defaulted" to the same message untill you change the text.

My question also has to do with the welcome message.

I set myself up as a test and manually added myself to a new group that was suppose to generate a welcome message and it never happened.Is there a delay in the system kicking off that message or do I need to change the settings somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  03:01:25  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

If you manually add yourself (e.g. using List>Add Addresses to List) then you need to ensure you check the button to send welcome/acknowledgement messages.

Did you do that?

If you did then select Automated Tasks mode (on the folder tree of the main window) and check there was no problem sending the message?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

sistasluv

25 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  09:54:02  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

Yes I did check that box. However no email was sent to me. Nor the delayed messages I have set up.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  01:58:37  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I'll email you some debug logging info.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

sistasluv

25 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  04:42:03  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,

Thank your help on Nigel.

It testing how users see a message I found that 1- if I send a message using mail list king that contains graphics it sends the email with an attachment icon. 2- However if I foward that same message using outlook it doesnt create an attachment icon to the message. As you may know messages that appear to have attachments that require download are often kicked back.

1- Are there any controls in MLK to avoid sending this way?
2- Can I turn off MLK History tracking feature.. Taking up lots of space with so many emails going out i dont need to logg.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  00:49:10  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

1. What version are you using? MLK should not include an attachment icon for embedded messages.

2. You can disable logging and history under View>Options, Other, Database Performance

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

sistasluv

25 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  14:12:09  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

I am using 7.02. I sent you a few test emails to show the images go as attachements rather then embedded images. It appears the embedded images are problem with a few people. Were you able to recreate my problem?

Also, when I remove a member from the delayed follow up shouldnt the emails stop going to that customer? It appears that they keep going out untill the series is done. How do I stop that from happening?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  17:12:26  Show Profile  Reply
Yes, we have resolved it. Complete the following form for a copy of v7.05:

http://www.xequte.com/support/keyrequest.html

There will be a public release later in the week.

If a member has multiple delayed messages scheduled for delivery, then you need to delete all of the future messages (by clicking the Acknowledgement item in hte main window). If the member is deleted or removed from the group then MLK will automatically delete any delayed messages for that member/group.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: