Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Separating Bounces from Replies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iammagi

USA
175 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  01:02:45  Show Profile  Reply
How do I make it so that when an email bounces it goes to a different folder than someone replying to my email. Right now everything is going to a special folder for processing. Then I told the program to send unprocessable messages to another box (my inbox) but I was wondering if there's a better way?

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  20:28:59  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Do you use Microsoft Outlook to receive your messages?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

iammagi

USA
175 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  04:27:05  Show Profile  Reply
Yes.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  02:55:41  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Then you can use Outlook rules to move all messages that match common undeliverable message subjects (e.g. Subject contains "Undeliverable" or "Could not be delivered", etc) into a specific folder.

In MLK you can then use Folder Processing Tasks (File > Options, Email Processing) to process the messages as undeliverable.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

iammagi

USA
175 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  08:34:53  Show Profile  Reply
What if I used a different address in the reply-to section? I think I saw that option somewhere? When a member then replies to me won't it go to that email address, and when there's a bounce it will go to the sent-from address?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  02:07:38  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Yes, you can specify a different reply address under File > Options, Sending.

So you will need to ensure that messages sent to that address are forwarded to an account that MailList King monitors.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

iammagi

USA
175 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  02:38:31  Show Profile  Reply
Why would MLK need to monitor replies from members? I hope you understand what I'm trying to do. I want bounce and other failed messages to go to MLK for processing. I want replies to go to another email address.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  01:58:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Bounces and replies will necessarily go to the same address, i.e. the reply address, so that is why you should use Outlook rules to differentiate between bounces and normal replies.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: