Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 outside clip art
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AnnaC

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
The program is great!I have version 3.01. The clip art is ok, but I want to import outside clip art to use on my title pages. What format is the clip art that comes with the program? JPEGS and bitmap outside images insert with a white background. I need the clip to have a transparent background. PhotoShop CS allows me to prepare clip for import to other programs. I have had good luck using .png. Are there other formats that will work as well?

Anna

susieq

USA
5 Posts

How do you edit the ini file for the clipart categories ?
thanks

Susieq
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Wayne

You can add your own clipart to the DVD PixPlay selection by putting it in:

C:\Program Files\DVD PixPlay\Objects\

Also, edit the Category.ini file if you want to specify the categories in which the clipart should be available.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

MFTDoc

USA
12 Posts

Nigel

I understood your reply to Anna, but it left one question unanswered. How do you import the clip art so that the WMF or BMP file shows in the list along with the clip art that comes with PixPlay? I know how to use the button at the bottom of that screen to grab images from my picture files on my computer. I would just like to be able to have at least some images that I often use added to the clip art directory to save a few mouse clips.

Wayne

Wayne
Millbrook AL
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Anna

The clipart that comes with DVD PixPlay is all WMF format. This format is used because it is vector based, which means that it can be resized and stretched without looking nasty.

However you can use (almost) any common image file as clip art simply by clicking the "Other" button on the bottom left of the Insert Clip Art dialog, and browsing for a file to use.

JPEG and GIF images are never displayed as transparent.

Other formats (such as BMP or PNG) use the bottom left pixel to determine the transparent color.

E.g. in the following image (enlarged from 5x7 pixels) the bottom left pixel (marked by X) shows that the transparent color is yellow. If this image was saved as a BMP then DVD PixPlay would only show the red area and the yellow would be transparent. However if it is saved as a GIF then the yellow background will show.

Clear as mud?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  16:14:14  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Susieq

Right-click the file and select Edit, which should open it in Windows Notepad (or just run Notepad and open the file).

The structure of the file should be pretty clear, just add new files/categories in a continuance of the current sequence.

Let me know if you need further detail.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: