Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 Text moves from project to DVD output
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greyman56

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
In a project I have used the add text feature to put comments onto frames. In preview this was working perfectly.

When I output to DVD with "Save to folder" option, the resulting movie had the text left justified against the side of the image rather than where it was placed.

What causes this to happen?

Graham
Kenilworth,
South East Queensland
Australia

greyman56

Australia
6 Posts

Thanks Nigel

I've seen this "Optimize to Format" option talked about on the forums, but cannot find it here. Are you refering to the link at the bottom right of the "remove borders" frame properties page? If so, then that is set to the format I want to out put to.

quote:
Did you do anything to the image between adding text and outputting it to disk, e.g. crop the image?

I re-cropped them all because I was having trouble with cropping as well. But I was watching the text in preview and all was well.

quote:
Can you email me some example .dpg files from your Slideshow Project folder.

OK, I will do that soon.

thanks

Graham
Kenilworth,
South East Queensland
Australia
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Graham

When you add text to the frames, did you specify the "Optimize to Format" option to specify that you are outputting to DVD?

Did you do anything to the image between adding text and outputting it to disk, e.g. crop the image?

Can you email me some example .dpg files from your Slideshow Project folder.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

greyman56

Australia
6 Posts

Thanks JIM

I thought about the displaying the whole frame issue, but dismissed it. I do not think it has anything to do with the player software (Power DVD) as the full image is displayed correctly... just the text is aligned differently to when I preview it.

As for cropping, I am also having trouble getting that to happen reliably too. See other post "http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2098" for more info. Maybe these are related as only some of the frames have the cropping problem too.

Mmmm, I will do more tests and see if its the same frames that have both problems.

Graham
Kenilworth,
South East Queensland
Australia
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

greyman56

Your DVD Player/TV may not be displaying the full frame of the slideshow: You may be able to adjust this on your TV, but alternatively on Step 3 of the Create CD wizard, click the "Other" button and specify a margin value to add a border area around the frame.

The exact size to crop your images so they do have any border when outputting to disk will depend on your format (DVD or VCD, NTSC or PAL) but generally cropping to a ratio of 1:1.33 removes almost all the border.

If you use the cropping tool within DVD PixPlay you can make it automatically crop to this ratio.

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  16:03:08  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Graham

It's possible that if you radically changed the ratio of the frame when cropping then that might affect the text positioning. When previewing it may still use a cached version of the preview frame.

We'll be back in the office next week and i will check this.

Rather than actually cropping your images you should use the Remove Borders function under Frame>Frame Properties.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

greyman56

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  23:14:14  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

Sorry, when I said crop the images, I did mean that I used the "remove Borders" tab of frame properties.

Cheers
Graham

Graham
Kenilworth,
South East Queensland
Australia
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  18:40:27  Show Profile  Reply
Hmmm, OK. I'll come back to you after testing it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: