Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 red x image loading issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cindydean

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2021 :  14:49:47  Show Profile  Reply
All of a sudden I am getting red X as place holder for images.

My computer is Windows 7.
My MLK is v17.12R
I use Dreamweaver to create the HTML.

I have had the same version of MLK for years and just today it stopped working properly.

I resorted an image of my computer from 2 months ago, thinking some other software was causing the issue. However, after the restore, I have the same problem with MLK.

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2021 :  15:21:30  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

So you load an HTML file into MLK when you send a message to your members, but the loaded HTML does not have images?

If you display that same HTML file in Internet Explorer, do the images appear?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

cindydean

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2021 :  15:38:39  Show Profile  Reply
I never use internet explorer. I opened the page with it, and sure enough it is blocking the content. I get the following error message "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors." The bad part, since I never use internet explorer, I do not know how to make it work. Is there any way to make MLK use fire fox instead?
Go to Top of Page

cindydean

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2021 :  15:54:46  Show Profile  Reply
Never mind. I need to get my web host to fix this problem. Even if I send out the newsletter, folks will still get the red x because of the certificate error. I will keep you posted.
Oh! Thank you for the quick reply. Being you are pretty much on the other side of the world, I thought I would not hear from you till tomorrow. 8o)
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2021 :  17:06:26  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of it so quickly :-)

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

cindydean

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2021 :  11:20:57  Show Profile  Reply
I have contacted my web host on my problem and it is related to a recent update from Let's Encrypt (SSL provider). The SSL Root certificate expired globally and although it was replaced, there are lingering caching issues on devices that are still seeing the expired certificates.

My computer is very old (windows 7) and I am running an old Internet Explorer (version 8) and an old email program Outlook (version 7). I have the same problems with them, a red x where there should be an image. But this problem only happens on my sites. all other internet sites are fine. With my sites, the programs say the web site certificate has expired. I have exhausted my abilities to fix the problem. I spent most of yesterday Google searching to try and get my Internet Explorer and Outlook to ignore the certificate error they were receiving. I figured if I got them straight, MLK would follow in suite.

I wish I could tell MLK to ignore the certificate error when I enter html with embedded pictures from my site. I guess this is something I am just going to have to live with till I retire in a couple of years.

Thank you for your help. I think this is out of our hands.

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2021 :  22:34:48  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Cindy

Perhaps you should either:
- embed the images into the message itself (if they are not too big)
- move the images to a different server and link to them there
- link to the images without SSL, e.g. http://www.mysite.com/image.jpg instead of https://www.mysite.com/image.jpg

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

cindydean

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2021 :  06:50:18  Show Profile  Reply
1. Embedding the pictures would take longer to compose the email. I use Dreamwever. It would also make some emails too big.
2. I not have a different server to use. 8o(
3. I did not think of that. However, when I checked, I was linking to the images without the SSL call.
Thank you so much for tring to help.
As I have investigated more, this is on my web host end in and not me. I have no problems with other sites. Just mine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: