Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Upgrading your Database .... does not conclude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anakiben

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  11:39:11  Show Profile  Reply
I had an older version of Mail List King. I downloaded the latest and installed MLKing in the same location as the previous Mail List King version.

When I attempted to run the application a modal screen appears with big fonts that displays "Upgrading your Database...." and never concludes. I let it run overnight and it still does not finish upgrading.

The dialogue box only has a grayed out X in the upper right hand corner. The only way to close the dialogue box is to kill the process in task manager.

Anyone else have any ideas or insights on why this may be occuring?

Ana Kiben

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  16:28:30  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Ana

You might want to send your database to us to resolve this.

What version did you upgrade from?

Is it sticking on upgrading one file? e.g. "Upgrading History table"? The history table can be huge on user systems if the opimization process has not been run, so it can take a long time to upgrade.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

Anakiben

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  21:14:55  Show Profile  Reply
The version was from v9.21r business edition.

It does not say which table it is attempting to upgrade.

Ana Kiben
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  14:55:03  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Ana

Please email us your database.

To do this run MLK and click Ctrl+Shift+I to display your database folder. Then close MLK and put all the files named MLK_*.* into a zip.

You can skip any files named mlk_send_task_*.* or OLD_mlk_log.*

You can also skip mlk_hist.* if you don't require your old member history.

The zip will probably be too large to email, so you might want to use a web transfer service, such as:

http://www.transferbigfiles.com
or
http://www.yousendit.com

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

Anakiben

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  16:56:50  Show Profile  Reply
So I tried removing the previous application and all the appdata to see if the latest version would then properly installed. I suspected the database versions is what was causing the problem.

I uninstalled the previous version. Rebooted. Installed the latest version I downloaded from the website and no luck. I still get the the dialog box "Upgrading your Database" with no possible way of closing the modal screen.

What database is it trying to upgrade?

How do I clean my system and install a fresh version of the software?

Ana Kiben
Go to Top of Page

Anakiben

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  17:11:34  Show Profile  Reply
I killed the process and once I did, MLK started and prompted me where I wanted to create a DB. Looks like killing the process allowed MLK to proceed.

When I attempted to register the application it shared that my e-mail and serial number is for V9.

Does this mean that I no longer have a license for V9 and have to purchase another license?

Ana Kiben
Go to Top of Page

Anakiben

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  17:16:43  Show Profile  Reply
I found my answer on the FAQ page of the site. I guess there is no way to recover the database from the older version. That is my fault for uninstalling. No worries, I kept my list of my students e-mail so I can re-import them.

I will put in a license for purchase of the latest version as I was on a version that was older.

Thank you for your help.

Ana Kiben
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  15:57:16  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Ana

The uninstall process does NOT remove the old database (for safety). Though if you deleted your "appdata" folder you may also have deleted your database. Is that in your recycle bin? Perhaps you can restore it?

If you only have a v9 license, you will need to purchase an upgrade to use the latest version.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: