Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 SMTP for Exchange accts no longer editable
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1000Woodcuts2

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  18:01:32  Show Profile  Reply
I set up Outlook with my Exchange account for sending to about 700 recipients, a measly number, I know. However the new Exchange accounts in Outlook 2016 are no longer editable; Outlook sets up any Exchange account with their "AutoDiscovery" process that prevents modifying or even viewing the SMTP settings.
The sending limit is a mystery but many complaints online about advertising 10000 emails per day and not delivering. Some say 200 some say 500.
Sooo, I'm locked out of my Exchange Account I assume they will let me out of jail in 24 hrs or so.

Meantime, waiting for AmazonSES approval out of the sandbox. Set up and test emails through MLK went out smoothly so I'm hopeful this may be the solution.

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2020 :  14:19:30  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

There are other SMTP services you might want to check out:

http://www.xequte.com/userforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3646

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

1000Woodcuts2

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2020 :  12:05:36  Show Profile  Reply
I did get approval for Amazon SES so will be using that, generous sending limit and 24 hr approve. The set up was somewhat tricky but test emails are going through. With my volume or lack thereof, this is the cheapest option by far. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: