Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 How to set up and process unsubscribe requests?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gorish

Thailand
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2019 :  23:02:29  Show Profile  Reply
I've gone round in circles in the forum and help documentation, but I'm still confused.

Please can you explain, step by step, how to set up an automated unsubscribe link in the emails sent out in a campaign.

And how to subsequently mark/remove/block all the emails that are unsubscribed?

And how to send a confirmation email to the unsubscriber in question.

Can this be done completely automatically, without my having to intervene in any way (e.g. as soon as a member clicks on the unsubscribe link in the email, his/her email gets added to the blocked list and an unsubscribe confirmation email gets sent out, or is there something I have to do manually every now and again as a batch process?)

Many thanks in advance,
Gary

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2019 :  15:51:27  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Gary

> How to set up an automated unsubscribe link in the emails sent out in a campaign

On its own, MLK handles unsubscribe by someone replying to a message with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" or "REMOVE ME" in the subject/top of the email.

To create one click links, you would need something on a web server. Please see:

https://xequte.com/support/maillistkingfaq.html#55

> how to subsequently mark/remove/block all the emails that are unsubscribed?

When you click the "Check Now" button in MLK (or it happens automatically), MLK connects to your email software/mail account and reads all of the emails to find any that it recognizes as instructions (e.g. have the word SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line). Under File > Options, Email Processing, you can specify where MLK will look for those messages.

> how to send a confirmation email to the unsubscriber in question.

Under File > Options, Automatic Emails, you can create an unsubscribe confirmation.

> Can this be done completely automatically

Yes, once it is setup, everything will happen automatically.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: