Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 customised double opt-in message
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robwuk

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  12:38:07  Show Profile  Reply
Is it possible to make a double opt-in message change depending on how a person has subscribed ie

If a person has bought a product then to have a message for example "you have recently purcahsed a product and joined our mailing list etc etc"

But to be able to have a different message is a person for example has a submitted some details to our site and has joined our mailing list to have a message suited to that ie "you have receently submitted an article and have request to join out mailing list"

The only way i can think of is a hidden field in the submitted subscribe email.

Any ideas appreciated.

Currently setup as single database, using form processing

Cheers

Rob

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  18:46:10  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Rob

To cover all our bases, firstly, how to send different message content:

- Use different messages, e.g. add the user to a different group based on their status and each group has a different message

- Use conditional text, i.e. the message content changes depending on the value if a user field

So with that in mind, work out a way to either change the group the user is automatically added to, or set a field in the database (e.g. a custom field) that is read so that the text is changed.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

robwuk

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2017 :  10:53:01  Show Profile  Reply
Thankyou for the reply

it was the double opt-in messages i want to alter, and yes i was doing it through groups, however i didn't notice the option at the bottom of the group settings for double-opt-in message, oops

I now think i know what i need to do

thankyou

Rob
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  04:43:29  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Rob

OK, let us know if you need further help.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: