Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Installing ver. 17 over previous versions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2017 :  04:02:04  Show Profile  Reply
I need to install the latest version 17 on a couple of PCs where a previous version was already installed. Shall I remove the previous version first? In the affirmative, what about the local user setting of the program? Are they recoverable or shall I set them up again from scratch? The versions already installed is on one PC v11.23r and on the other v16.52r.

Please let me know, thank you.

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  00:02:52  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

No, don't uninstall the old version. Just install the new one over the old one. It will inherit the settings and upgrade the database.

If you would like to back up your settings and database before installing, run MLK and click Ctrl+Shift+I in the main Window to open the relevant folders.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

Harvester

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2017 :  03:40:57  Show Profile  Reply
Thank you very much, Nigel.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic