Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 Other Software and Discussion
 Simple question on Text Lightning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

6lk1jnb6f4

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  17:24:14  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel, I’m using MailList King and it’s amazing. Haven’t even dropped thru the rabbit hole with it yet and just the preliminary mail functions are sweet! Good job, sir!

So, while investigating the purchase of MLK, it found your freebee Text Lightning. Kind of looks like it was developed for sale but doesn’t require a key to use. Will this continue to be free? I want to use it and I’m wondering if the data file it uses, can be placed on a network share and support multiple users all grabbing their text templates from the same place? I can figure out how to move the files to an appropriate share using options, but wondered it you’ve tested it for shared usage.

Hope all is good!

~Kim

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2017 :  01:47:44  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks Kim

It is likely to be free for as long as I can foresee (not much money in that niche).

Database sharing is not officially supported. It may be possible to hack it to get it to work (change the database path in the registry), but we have not tested that. Also, it would need to be a fast file share because the database is regularly accessed.

You'd be better to have one machine being the source, and use an automated copying script to propagate that database to other systems (once a day, for example).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: