Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Can no longer send via AT&T
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

irpworks

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  11:01:21  Show Profile  Reply
Elaine,

Yes, the test is with the new version of MLK that Nigel provided - otherwise you'd have no way to set the SSL version which is the root of the problem. AT&T must have changed their SSL version when they upgraded.

The problem had nothing to do with the number of emails you could send - you were not able to send even one email through MLK with the SSL engaged. And if you want to send more than 25 at a time with AT&T, you must be using the SSL.

I only sent in batches of 100 but the SSL rejection problem is gone. I did not bother sending more at one time for other reasons (most of my subscribers are local and thus too many emails hitting mail servers at one time triggers ISP spam blockers and reduces delivery rates.)

The fix lets you send via AT&T (my account is old enough that it is an SWBell account) with SSL. According to the somewhat unhelpful AT&T support people, and past experience, there is no sending limit. I believe that to be correct.
Go to Top of Page

emtenzer

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  11:22:32  Show Profile  Reply
Robert-
Thanks. I, too have swbell. I used to find that it stopped after 25 and then I would have to resend to the rest. I'm glad this works and I'm grateful (selfishly) that you had an issue so I didn't think I was doing something wrong. I found that especially with AOL customers the e-mails weren't ending up in spam folders if I used the swbell servers instead of the mail king servers.

Good luck to you.

Elaine

Elaine Tenzer
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  12:21:59  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Elaine and Robert

Thanks for your reports. We've been testing SSL against our test accounts and will be changing the default option to SSL v3 for the next release.

Robert, I'll check the code regarding the toolbar issue and will email you if I cannot find a cause.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

adamd2

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2018 :  16:05:50  Show Profile  Reply
I've switched providers are now I get:

Unable to connect to your SMTP Server: Error connecting to SSL(0).

I'm using v13.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2018 :  16:38:42  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

V13 is now five years old and does not support the latest SSL standards.

Check whether your ISP supports a non-SSL sending method, or upgrade to the latest version at:

http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/upgrade.html

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: