Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Pre Purchase Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JamesWilliams

1 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  13:35:24  Show Profile  Reply
Hi, I have a bunch of questions about the functionality of MailList King:

1. Sending multiple different emails. I'd like to be able to send different emails to different lists at the same time. I browsed over the manual and it looks like this is possible... But, my ISP has a limitation of 500 emails/hour per domain, I actually have a few different domains. Am I able to send one email through one smtp server and the other through another server?

2. Sending emails through the MailKing SMTP server. How many emails/hour can be sent through the MailKing server? Are they more prone to being tagged as spam? Are they sent instantly or are they staggered? I need to have emails delivered within a certain time frame.

3. Not sending to duplicate emails. Is there a way to automatically check for duplicate email addresses in one list? Over multiple lists?

4. Hiding users. It looks like there's a 'Hide Group' function. I assume this means an email will not be sent to that group. Is there a 'Hide user' function that allows you to not send to users within a group, but doesn't delete them?

Many Thanks to whoever has the patience to answer this...

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  01:47:15  Show Profile  Reply
Hi James

1. It sounds like you should be using different databases for each of your domains. You can then enable the option (View>Options, Other, Advanced) for each database to have unique settings. You can then also run multiple copies of MLK for each database and have them sending simultaneously to different servers.

Details are on our FAQ, but let us know if you have any difficultly:

www.xequte.com/support/maillistking/

2. The speed of the server is really controlled by a lot of things that really are beyond MLK's control, particularly the speed of your computer and network connection, as well as the size of the messages you are sending.

For a very loose estimate, if we say that you are using 30 simultaneous sending threads and that each email takes five seconds to send then you would have a throughput of around 20,000 messages per hour.

Messages sent via a local mail server are more likely to be tagged as Spam:

http://www.xequte.com/support/maillistking/spamissues.html

You can choose whether they are sent immediately or staggered under View>Options, Sending, Other Sending Settings, ISP Limits

3. It will happen automatically for each mailing list database (but not across multiple databases. If you want that, then you really should be using a single database)

4. There are a number of ways to handle that:
- You can select just the recipients you want to send to
- You can "check" the box of recipients, to build up a sending list
- You can enable vacation mode for those you don't want to send to
- You can add those that should not be sent to to your exclusion list for that sending

Which is most appropriate depends on the method you use to choose your recipients, the size of your list, etc.

Some of that probably sounds a lot more complex than it is in practice, so let me know if any needs a better explanation.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: