Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Allow specific users to send msgs if prevented?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Douggg

USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  16:23:42  Show Profile  Reply
I'm using MailList King - Business Edition.

Is there a way for the admin (or specific users) to send to a mailing list if the "Don't allow members to send to the list" is checked?

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  00:27:09  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Douggg

Yes, in the Business version you can use the SendToGroup or RelayToGroup commands. Search the help file for "Remote Admin commands" for more detail.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Douggg

USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  06:10:55  Show Profile  Reply
I need the Business/Corporate edition correct? This is a feature not included with the personal edition.

What I am thinking is I’d like to pace the MLK box at a colo facility or in a secure remote location. I could have people join or be removed from the list using a web page that sends subscribe/unsubsribe emails with commands to join/remove members from the lists. And none of these people would be allowed to send emails to the groups.

To send mail messages to the group I would have 3 people with sending privileges. These people could send email messages to the group by sending an email message to MLK with commands to to specify which the lists to “send to” and some form of authentication such as a password.

Am I getting this right? With Business and Corporate edition (but not personal) no one needs access to the MLK box to join or be removed from lists and for 3 members on the list to be able to send emails to members of the lists.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  14:21:49  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Douggg

Yes, Remote Admin Commands are not available in the Personal version, only in the Business and Corporate ones.

Your described method sounds ideal. You would add the three people as remote administrators (with a password) under View>Options, Commands, Remote Admin Commands.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Douggg

USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  21:36:28  Show Profile  Reply
Perfect - thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic