Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Any known problems with Thunderbird?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Louis Turner

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  07:33:46  Show Profile  Reply
I'm using MLK to send emails through Outlook. I test by sending messages to two separate email addresses, one read through Outlook, the second read through Thunderbird.

Over the last week, test messages received by Thunderbird are only coming through as Plain Text (that includes messages that came through happily as html messages three or four weeks ago).

I'm running through possibilities. Thunderbird is accepting html messages from other sources.

Is there any reason why Thunderbird might be reacting to something to do with MLK? I'm checking with them as well.

Best wishes

Louis Turner

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  23:48:01  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Louis

Can you please look under Help>About and tell me what version number that you have.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Louis Turner

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  05:00:38  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel
Business Edition 7.02R
Louis
(I've continued testing possible explanations. Am still finding that one email through MLK will show up fine on Outlook and as text on Thunderbird, even though other people's emails with graphics are showing up fine on Thunderbird.)
(I'm just going to try sending an email designed in Frontpage to see if this still produces problems)
Go to Top of Page

Louis Turner

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  06:42:48  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,
I've just sent an email with html text produced by Frontpage, and I've got the same result. It shows up fine under for my account accessed by Outlook, but shows up as text only on my account accessed by Thunderbird.
The problem, therefore, does not seem to be anything to do with Dreamweaver or my coding.
The MLK - Outlook - Thunderbird chain seems to be implicated somewhere.

Thunderbird is version 2.0.0.12
Outlook is 2007 (12.0.6300.5000)

Louis

PS if you want to send me a test email from your MLK, I'll give you the two emaikl addresses, dealing directly with you.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  15:32:21  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Louis

You should download v7.10, it sounds like you are experiencing the RTF bug that was in v7.02.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Louis Turner

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  04:39:56  Show Profile  Reply
Looks like that could be the answer.

.... Only when I upgraded this morning, my test messages are being received and processed by Outlook, but are not turning up in my trial email inboxes.

I'll continue poking around.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  01:29:15  Show Profile  Reply
Let me know if you have problems resolving it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Louis Turner

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  13:58:43  Show Profile  Reply
Problem seems to be sorted.

What now seems to be happening is that outgoing messages can't get through the Norton outward scanning. OK, I normally remember to turn it off. However, it looks as though, if I don't, it somehow or other blocks the MLK output.

I haven't changed my Norton setup between your two MLK versions.

Anything I should be looking for in Norton?

Louis
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  15:35:11  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Louis

Often A/V products detect when an application has changed and thus it is considered a new "threat" Usually with Norton the problem is the "worm blocking" option that they include that tries to intercept messages sent by any application it doesn't know about.

Also, assuming your inbound scanning is working correctly, Outbound scanning is largely superfluous.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Louis Turner

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  16:48:28  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

Thanks. Makes sense.

You need eyes in the back of your head in this area of software conflicts!

Louis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: