Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 simple submission form
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darrellg

17 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  12:54:26  Show Profile  Reply
I have gone through the forum on this subject and as soon as the chatter gets around to coding I become afflicted by a bad case of MEGO (My Eyes Glaze Over). Can anyone tell me how to set up the simple(?) submission form so my customers website can submit new addresses to me? It is only to one group, email addresses only.

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  23:39:24  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Darrell

Have you read the FAQ section:

http://www.xequte.com/support/maillistking/webforms.html

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

justuspost

USA
71 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  11:58:58  Show Profile  Reply
Go read the FAQ... HA...

Anyways...

simple submission form = web page form + mail script = submission

web page - can just be an html form or can be html via PHP or ASP.

mail script - will need to be server side, PHP ASP CGI (depdends on what you have installed on your server. If you don't know, you probably want to have someone else write the script for you)

The fields on the form will become variables in the mail script.

The mail script will take the field info and post it into an e-mail that it creates and send it to the address that you want.

If you want to process it with MLK, then you will have it sent to the address you specified in MLK to process incoming mail. In the e-mail the script will send MLK, you will need to use an assigned 'key word' that MLK will recognize and process in a certain way (add, remove, change groups etc)

OK so for a recap..

web form -> enter info -> submit -> script takes entered info and enters it into an e-mail (you designed) and sends it to an address you instructed it to (MLK). 'MLK got mail' MLK sees key word, MLK preforms action associated with keyword, (add, change, remove). You just preformed 2500 adds, removes and changes all while surfing myspace :-)

Justus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: