Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Rmoved Emails--Going Crazy!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jpsjamdg

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:00:22  Show Profile  Reply
Okay, so I have "Don't allow to be added back into mailing list enable."

Three questions.

First, I scan my sent mail and MLK finds all the emails there and then compares them to my list. However, it seems that the addresses that have either been removed or are on the blocked list CAN BE ADDED BACK BY SCANNING. Is this correct?

Secondly--when someone writes me and asks to be removed, often they include their email or possible a secondary email to be removed. When I remove it the dialogue box will say something like:

user@user.com
<First Name Last Name> User@user.com

It will list both of these--even though they are the same email address. Then it will remove one of them and send an acknolwedment ot the email saying the address can't be found. This is wholly confusing to the the user.

FInally, following on the point above, does MLK treat the two examples above as different emails? If so, then blocking the email doesn't work, as the username with email still can be added.

Hope this wasn't too confusing! Thanks for the help.

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  14:03:06  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Jeff

You don't mention your version, so my responses will be relevant for v6 versions.

1. All addition functions perform the same checks. These including checking the blocked and unsubscribed lists (assuming the relevant options are enabled).

2. I'm not quite sure what dialog you are referring to. What does it say in the title bar? MLK should treat the addresses you list as the same.

3. When you add an address to the blocking list (with or without a name) MLK will block that address regardless of the name associated with it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

jpsjamdg

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  14:15:58  Show Profile  Reply
N: I am using 6.28--the latest version. The dialogue box I am referring to is when you see the results of your add/remove request---it shows the email addresses and says something like "already in removed list" Unsubscribe and Date, etc. I can tell you definitely that the name with email combo is treated diferently than simply the email. Jeff
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  03:36:08  Show Profile  Reply
OK, thanks for the report.

We've fixed the issue for v6.30

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic