Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Database clean up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jlevine152003

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  11:47:15  Show Profile  Reply
We have been using MailListKing for about 18 months now.

The Sent Mail history has just over 3000 records and loads in a few seconds.

The Mailing list history on the other hand has close to 4 million records, averaging about 150,000 - 200,000 per month. Is there any way to automate the process of deleting old records or else set a time limit for how long records are kept?

Also - we are also still having problems with MLK crashing on a disturbingly regular basis. I learned a few weeks ago that someone has been rebooting the computer whenever the system hangs. I have instructed the staff to call me first so I can get the error message on the screen before the computer is rebooted. Are there any other procedures you can suggest to try to troubleshoot these crashes?

Thanks.

Jeff

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  16:54:50  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Jeff

There are no known stability issues with MLK, so if you are seeing crashing, try repairing and optimizing the database using the tool under File > Options, Database. If the problem continues to occur then email us and we will forward some debugging information.

Regarding the size of the History table, use the same Optimize tool under File > Options, Database. It provides an automated function to archive old records and optimize the database to keep maintain peak performance.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

jlevine152003

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  11:10:56  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel.

I ran the database optimize/clean up a few weeks ago. Just now I was logged into our List server and saw the following error message: Access violation at address 00473F43 in module "MLKing.exe" Read of address 0000004. Any thoughts?

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  14:38:49  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Jeff

We'll need to some debug logging. I will email you the details.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: