Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 DVD Burning Problem
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 2

maxsmohr

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile
Hi, I am experiencing the same problems using V2.7, I downloaded the zipfile mentioned earlier and copied the into the folder, that fixed my ERROR, I can now create a DVD but it won't play on the DVD player that I used before with an earlier verion of the software that work fine in the same dvd player. The only way I can get it to work is if I write the dvd to HDD and use Nero to burn the DVD. I really don't want to use 2 seperate products, I would prefer to use DVDPix Play.

Thanks
Steve
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Steve

You might be best to try our new beta release:

www.xequte.com/beta/

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

maxsmohr

USA
7 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for the Beta, I see it requires a key for version 3.... I've just recently upgraded to v2.7 when these problems started... so does this mean that the Beta will not function for me cause my key is for v2.7.... if so, I would like to get back to my previous release before v2.7 that I had installed that was working to my satisfaction. Can I do that? How can I do that?

Thanks
Steve
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Hi Steve

If you are having a technical problem with the software (rather than incompatibility problem) and the new version resolve the bug then you can get a free upgrade.

Or you can receive any version prior to v3 by emailing sales@xequte.com

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

maxsmohr

USA
7 Posts

Hi Nigel,

I installed the beta version. It told me that my v2.7 registration number was not the proper one for the installation, but it installed anyway as a trial version. I then tried to create my dvd. I did encounter 2 error pop-ups along the way but it still let me continue. I burned the dvd with this beta version of PixPlay and tested it on the TV/DVD player, and now it works. I will try to re-create those errors and will post them back to you tonight. So, my thought is that if I was able to burn dvd's using versions before V2.7 and now with this beta version, I would say it's a technical problem with the software v2.7, not an incompatability problem. Would this entitle me to the free upgrade or must I revert back to a previous version 2.3 or 2.5.

Thanks
Steve
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

GRANDSIRE02

Why did you re-install Pixplay? Did you ask Nigel to sent you version 2.7 again? I would recommend you uninstall Pixplay by using the Windows Remove Program and reboot the system and install a "new" version of 2.7.

Also, do a search for cygwin.dll (START>SEARCH>ALL FILES AND FOLDERS>IN THE SEARCH BOX TYPE "CYGWIN*")--there should only be one copy of this file in the computer, however, many free programs download copies of this to your system and if there are different versions this will cause conflicts on the computer.

Since you can play the DVD you created on the computer I would assume that the problem is due to compatabilty with the DVD Player. Try playing it on another DVD-R compatable player.

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: