Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Database clean up

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jlevine152003 Posted - Nov 15 2015 : 11:47:15
We have been using MailListKing for about 18 months now.

The Sent Mail history has just over 3000 records and loads in a few seconds.

The Mailing list history on the other hand has close to 4 million records, averaging about 150,000 - 200,000 per month. Is there any way to automate the process of deleting old records or else set a time limit for how long records are kept?

Also - we are also still having problems with MLK crashing on a disturbingly regular basis. I learned a few weeks ago that someone has been rebooting the computer whenever the system hangs. I have instructed the staff to call me first so I can get the error message on the screen before the computer is rebooted. Are there any other procedures you can suggest to try to troubleshoot these crashes?

Thanks.

Jeff
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Jan 18 2016 : 14:38:49
Hi Jeff

We'll need to some debug logging. I will email you the details.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

jlevine152003 Posted - Jan 18 2016 : 11:10:56
Hi Nigel.

I ran the database optimize/clean up a few weeks ago. Just now I was logged into our List server and saw the following error message: Access violation at address 00473F43 in module "MLKing.exe" Read of address 0000004. Any thoughts?

Jeff
xequte Posted - Nov 15 2015 : 16:54:50
Hi Jeff

There are no known stability issues with MLK, so if you are seeing crashing, try repairing and optimizing the database using the tool under File > Options, Database. If the problem continues to occur then email us and we will forward some debugging information.

Regarding the size of the History table, use the same Optimize tool under File > Options, Database. It provides an automated function to archive old records and optimize the database to keep maintain peak performance.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com