Xequte User Forums
Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Different subscribe conf. message for each group

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Attach a photo to your post

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ellenfinkl Posted - Sep 08 2009 : 19:20:55
In the survey, I said, "For double opt-in Subscribe Confirmation Message, I need to be able to send a different message for each group." In the survey responses, you said, "Can you use Welcome messages instead?" I also use Welcome messages, one for each group. But I need different ones for each group before they've double-opted in, so I can say to them, "Thanks for signing up for the x newsletter. Reply to this e-mail to complete the process and get your free download." I have 2 newsletters and I want each to say the name of the newsletter. I used to use %Topic% in that e-mail which was fine until I started setting up temporary groups for special events and the topic (group) was no longer the name of a newsletter. Maybe I just need separate databases?
Ellen

www.ellenfinkelstein.com
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
xequte Posted - Apr 26 2011 : 19:40:08
Hi Bruce

FYI we have added support for custom group messages in v10.40:

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
xequte Posted - Mar 13 2011 : 17:06:25
Hi Bruce

I'd like to hold off on the training video for the moment, if I might as we hope to soon add functionality that would allow each group to have different acknowledgement and double opt-in messages.

That functionality would largely negate the need for group conditional text.

If you are in a hurry, you might look at video 4B at:

http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3180

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Bruce23 Posted - Mar 13 2011 : 10:00:38
Hi Nigel
This is also something our managers could not get working for double opt in. How about an instructional video? This would certainly help out a lot of people.
By the way I downloaded MLK 10.22 and it just keeps getting better. Thanks for your keeping your product rightup to date. We have a couple more licenses now and I am sure more will be added. Take Care and if you do an instructional video this month, please send out a notice as I would like to show it at my next managers' meeting.
Take Care
Bruce

Bruce23
xequte Posted - Feb 26 2011 : 23:48:04
Hi

Hmmm, I'll investigate that.

At any rate, you can manually specify it as GROUP, e.g.

%CONDITION:GROUP=MY_GROUP%
Text to display for "My_Group" messages.
%CONDITION:END%

(Note: I've added linebreaks here for readability, you would normally have this all on the same line).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
cliftyview Posted - Feb 25 2011 : 10:13:33
I am using v10.20 and can not find the group option under conditional text. I want to customize the double-opt-in message to show the groups the subscriber was added to. We use 1 general group for all and add them to other groups based on their customer type. We only require double opt-in for the general group. Any ideas where the group option is now?
xequte Posted - Sep 09 2009 : 19:27:13
Sorry Ellen,

I missed the "Double Opt-in" part.

You should be able to use conditional text to insert different text depending on the group being subscribed to.

(Ensure you are using v8.60 and) Select Personalize > Insert Conditional text on the message sending toolbar. Choose the "Group" field.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com