Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Different subscribe conf. message for each group
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ellenfinkl

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  19:20:55  Show Profile  Reply
In the survey, I said, "For double opt-in Subscribe Confirmation Message, I need to be able to send a different message for each group." In the survey responses, you said, "Can you use Welcome messages instead?" I also use Welcome messages, one for each group. But I need different ones for each group before they've double-opted in, so I can say to them, "Thanks for signing up for the x newsletter. Reply to this e-mail to complete the process and get your free download." I have 2 newsletters and I want each to say the name of the newsletter. I used to use %Topic% in that e-mail which was fine until I started setting up temporary groups for special events and the topic (group) was no longer the name of a newsletter. Maybe I just need separate databases?
Ellen

www.ellenfinkelstein.com

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  19:27:13  Show Profile  Reply
Sorry Ellen,

I missed the "Double Opt-in" part.

You should be able to use conditional text to insert different text depending on the group being subscribed to.

(Ensure you are using v8.60 and) Select Personalize > Insert Conditional text on the message sending toolbar. Choose the "Group" field.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

cliftyview

9 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  10:13:33  Show Profile  Reply
I am using v10.20 and can not find the group option under conditional text. I want to customize the double-opt-in message to show the groups the subscriber was added to. We use 1 general group for all and add them to other groups based on their customer type. We only require double opt-in for the general group. Any ideas where the group option is now?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  23:48:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Hmmm, I'll investigate that.

At any rate, you can manually specify it as GROUP, e.g.

%CONDITION:GROUP=MY_GROUP%
Text to display for "My_Group" messages.
%CONDITION:END%

(Note: I've added linebreaks here for readability, you would normally have this all on the same line).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  10:00:38  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel
This is also something our managers could not get working for double opt in. How about an instructional video? This would certainly help out a lot of people.
By the way I downloaded MLK 10.22 and it just keeps getting better. Thanks for your keeping your product rightup to date. We have a couple more licenses now and I am sure more will be added. Take Care and if you do an instructional video this month, please send out a notice as I would like to show it at my next managers' meeting.
Take Care
Bruce

Bruce23
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  17:06:25  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bruce

I'd like to hold off on the training video for the moment, if I might as we hope to soon add functionality that would allow each group to have different acknowledgement and double opt-in messages.

That functionality would largely negate the need for group conditional text.

If you are in a hurry, you might look at video 4B at:

http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3180

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  19:40:08  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bruce

FYI we have added support for custom group messages in v10.40: