Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 Upgrading to latest version
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vkrishna4334

India
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2018 :  02:33:43  Show Profile  Reply
I'll be pruchasing an upgrade to the latest version this weekend.

For now I don't plan to move any older projects, but I do have one in work that I'd like to move to the new computer after the upgrade. I will copy all the source .JPG pictures and move them to the new computer. Should I try to keep the "path" down through the photo directories identical to the old computer? Are there any tips/tricks regarding this migration?

Thanks for your help.

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2018 :  02:39:22  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

If you keep all the paths identical, then just moving the project and any dependent files to your new computer should be enough.

Otherwise you can just use the “Missing Files” tool to point to the new location of your images.

Recommended Transfer Method:

Open the project on the old computer, then select View > Options, Folders.

Click the "View files of the project" button.

A folder will open, take note of its name. Go to the folder above this folder. You will find a pxp project file of the same name in the folder. Copy the project file and the folder to the same location on your other computer.

When you open that project file on your new computer you will be prompted to specify the new location of any missing files.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: