Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 Other Software and Discussion
 TextLighteni not working in email replies !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RecruiterJools

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  10:35:51  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I'm new to TextLightening and I can see what a great tool it could be for me. First, apologies if this has been covered before and I'm quite sure it's my error and not the product. I have set up one 'standard email response' so far and it works if I am writing a new email but not if I am replying to an existing one. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong ?

Also if if could get it working on replies do you knopw if it is possible that the original senders name could be dropped into the message. I can see that function exists but again I'm not sure how to make it work on replies.

Thanks in advance for any help as I'm struggling here

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  19:42:33  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Is the TextLightning toolbar visible when you open a new email window?

If so, clicking "Quick Text" should toggle the display of your list of responses. Double-clicking any response will insert it.

You can use fields such as %MESSAGE_SENDER_FULL_NAME% and %MESSAGE_SENDER_FIRST_NAME% to insert the name of the sender into a response.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

RecruiterJools

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  12:12:38  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel

Thanks for your response. If I open a new mail the TextLightning tool bar is visible to the right of the screen and works exactly as you describe. I wanted to use it when replying to emails though and the tool bar doesn't appear on a 'reply', only on a 'new' mail.

I'm guessing TextLightning must be designed for 'reply' mails too as you went on to explain about %MESSAGE_SENDER_fULL_NAME% and %MESSAGE_SENDER_fIRST_NAME%. On that subject where do I find these to set them up ?

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  20:36:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Yes, the toolbar should be visible on reply emails too.

Have you restarted Windows since installing TXL? What version of Outlook do you use? Also, is it 32 or 64bit?

Regarding fields, in the "New Quick Text" wizard, if you click "Edit Text" it will bring up a full editor. On the toolbar is a "Fields" button that allows you to select fields to insert.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page

denisbill

New Zealand
2 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  07:00:21  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks, this resolved it for me too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic