Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Export all settings and data to new setup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bruce23

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  08:07:59  Show Profile  Reply
For those following this thread here is how I figured out moving all the settings and data to a new computer in VERSION 12.
1) In maillist king which I will refer to as MLK throughout the rest of the article, there is NO FILE menu - instead to the left of the HOME tab select the icon with the down arrow.
2) Select Mailing List Properties
3) There is a button marked COPY, select that and it will copy the settings and databases to a new location such as a USB drive. I suggest creating a new folder first to copy the files to.
4) Install MLK on your new computer
5) Open MLK select the same icon to the left of the HOME tab and go to Mailing List Properties.
6) Identify where the MLK SETTINGS folder is on your new computer and open that folder in windows explorer as you may need this after step 9
7) In the newly installed MLK select the same icon to the left of the HOME tab and select OPEN MAILING LIST.
8) Browse to your folder where you saved the MLK settings and data from the older computer and select that folder.
9) MLK should import the databases but it may miss the settings. If it does, close MLK and move to the next step
10) Copy the folder where you saved the original MLK settings and data over to the new computer in the folder of MLK settings which you have opened in windows explorer per step 6 above. Overwrite all files when prompted to by windows as you copy all the files to your new MLK settings folder.
11) Reopen MLK and everything should now be the same as your original MLK installation and settings.

That covers version 12 of MLK and seems to work well. I have tested it on several computers with success each time. In Nigel's post above there is no FILE menu any longer just an icon to the left of the HOME tab. It would be helpful if tech support did up a video showing how to move MLK between computers.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

geb

South Africa
36 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2017 :  15:04:49  Show Profile  Reply
cant use this

"Select file > Mailing List, "Copy To" it will copy your database to a new location. It will also copy settings if "Use Different Settings for each database" is enabled."

because I cant open any database
Cant fond out where to change .ini file as files that I m told to search for don't exist
so frustrating .
If this is not fixed by tomm Ill be wanting my money back
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  00:33:28  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please email us. We offer a 30 day money-back guarantee.

Please confirm what version you were using previously so we can advise where to find the database. Assuming it is a recent one you should be able to search for mlk_main.dat

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: