Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 I want to send 250,000 emails... any suggestions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markko

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  02:29:26  Show Profile  Reply
I want to sent 250,000 emails preferably in one 24 hour period.
What settings would be recommended, and what limitations should I watch out for... i.e. my ISP throttling the traffic etc.

Any comments appreciated.

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  02:25:36  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Markko

Firstly, find out what your ISP's sending limits are. If you can send to 250,000 recipients via your ISP then that will be your best option.

If this is not possible, check whether your ISP blocks port 25.

If not then you can use MLK’s own mail server to send your messages without using the mail server of your ISP.

However you should also note that some mail servers will block messages that they recognize as originating from a local mail server (such as MLK's). So to reach all your recipients you would need to use one of the automatic options that sends all failed messages via normal SMTP on the last attempt.

Finally you can sign up for a third party sending service, such as those listed at:

http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3646

In particular, MLK has built in Amazon SES support which provides cost effective bulk message delivery.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: