Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Can't Delete Drafts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iammagi

USA
177 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
MLK moved 928 posts into my drafts folder and outlook won't let me delete them or even move them to another folder. What do I do to delete?

Warmest Regards,

Stephen

alx

6 Posts

I had the same problem and finally found by working offline in Outlook it allows you to select/delete them all.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Alas, it is an issue with Outlook rather than MLK, so we can't do much about it.

If the problem is simply that you want to send them via a different mail server then you can just go into Tools>Accounts of Outlook and change the mail server for the default account (which will be what is used for the messages you sent).

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
www.xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

iammagi

USA
177 Posts

Is there a quick way to move these drafts into the outbox? I have 6000 emails stuck in the draft box. It's not woking bing sen by my isp so I need to delete all these messages. You should warn about this before someone chooses that option. This is a nightmare!

Warmest Regards,

Stephen
Go to Top of Page

iammagi

USA
177 Posts

quote:
Originally posted by xequte

Hi Stephen

Outlook won't let you delete them until it moves them into the Outbox for sending, i.e. if you click Send/Receive on the Outlook toolbar they move to the Outbox and can be deleted there (might be safest if you disconnect from the net if you don't want any to go out).

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
www.xequte.com

The messages seem to stay in the draft folder until they are sent. I can't seem to get them to move to the outbox. What am I doing wrong?

Warmest Regards,

Stephen
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Hi Stephen

Outlook won't let you delete them until it moves them into the Outbox for sending, i.e. if you click Send/Receive on the Outlook toolbar they move to the Outbox and can be deleted there (might be safest if you disconnect from the net if you don't want any to go out).

I have found the only other way to delete them from drafts is to open them and click Ctrl+D, but that is only good for a few messages, not 928 ;-)

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
www.xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

jpsjamdg

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  07:38:43  Show Profile  Reply
I am confused. I am getting drafts in my folder--they seem to hang there but also, mail seems to be sent. Are the drafts simply artifacts or do they indicate that the person to whom the draft is addressed hasn't received the email?

I just started having this problem. It is so strange.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  18:47:37  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

If you use the Extended MAPI in MailList King (which you should because it avoids Outlook Security warnings) then the messages that MLK sends will always appear in drafts before they are sent.

This is simply the way that Outlook chooses to handle Extended MAPI messages. It makes no practical difference from being in the Outbox, because Outlook will sends them the same way.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: