Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 DVD PixPlay
 Projection Problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hugh McLachlan

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  13:57:30  Show Profile  Reply
Previously I successfully burned a DVD of a trip to France and have played it through the TV with great success.
However, I have to put on a presentation using a Sharp Projector and my laptop and have noticed that the DVD does not run smoothly at times - sometimes "jerky" and some of the shots seem to be displayed longer, or shorter, than the prescribed time frame.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and/or could give me some advice.
Thanks
Hugh McLachlan

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  15:20:15  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Hugh

Have you tried specifying the highest quality encoding option (using the Alternate encoder) on Step 3 of the "Burn Disk" wizard?

Also, try going into View>Options, Advanced and changing the DVD MPEG Audio Setting as that can affect playback on some players.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Hugh McLachlan

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  16:02:37  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks Nigel but I already have burned the disc and removed all the files from my computer so I'm stuck with what I produced

Hugh McL
Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  07:06:45  Show Profile  Reply
HUGH

Try this.........Try increasing the video hardware acceleration. There are two video hardware acceleration settings—one in the WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, and one in the Windows operating system. You must change both settings.

To change the setting in the Player, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Performance tab. Move the Video acceleration slider to Full.

To change the setting in Windows, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Display, click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshoot tab. Move the Hardware acceleration slider to Full.

Also try going into Start > Right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware Tab > Device Manager > expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers > Double click the Channel that the DVD drive is on that you're playing it from (Primary/Secondary) > Advanced Settings Tab > Switch Transfer mode to DMA if Available

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page

Hugh McLachlan

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  08:19:26  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks both to Nigel and Jim for their input.
I had the settings as advised but when I showed the presentation last night the timing was way out of whack the longer slides were very short in duration and the shorter slides were on far too long - even the sound track quit before the end and the movie did not show.

The only thing I can think of was because it was burned as a DVD and not for PC - next time I'll burn both a copy for DVD and PC and see if that solves the problem) I can't burn combined as I don't have enough space left.

Hugh McL

Go to Top of Page

JIMD

USA
499 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  09:03:40  Show Profile  Reply
HUGH

The simplest solution would be to Uninstall the Primary or Secondary IDE channel (Whichever one your DVD player is on) from the Device Manager window, then reboot, allowing Windows to re-install the drivers and sort everything out from scratch!

Usually when DVD/CD slowdown or stuttering starts happening out of no where, it's because your IDE driver is corrupted, and uninstalling and allowing Windows to reinstall will fix it.

JIM DALTON
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: