Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 excel emails in multiple columns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stephen2060

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  15:37:44  Show Profile  Reply
Excel file has records in rows - details in columns. Records have more than one email (in separate column) attached to a name. How do I extract the extra emails to the main mailing list window. The extra emails are only into the custom field attached to the record

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  16:23:46  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Stephen

If you want each member two have both email addresses, then when importing assign the second email field as a custom field.

If you want each address to appear as a separate member, then import the file twice, mapping the respective source field as the email field each time.

Have I understood your problem correctly?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

stephen2060

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  07:59:59  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,
I did the first option, but it sits in the Custom Fields tab of the "Edit member Record". However I don't know how to get it from there to the main email list window. It would be a duplicate name entry but with an alternate email address. Would the email be sent to the addresses in the custom field in which case there is not a problem.

I've just deleted the whole database and started again. The 2nd and 3rd email address found their way into the custom fields tab by themselves without any field mapping input from me.

The 2nd option is a good work around. "Edit Member Record" for duplicate and triplicate names, only has single email address. Nothing is in Custom field tab which is fine.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  13:45:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Stephen

Email addresses that are custom fields are not used for sending. So method 2 would be best for you.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: