Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 find member dialogue - proposal for improvement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

poyan

Germany
84 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  06:19:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,
the find member dialogue could be improved:
If I search for e.g. a part of an email the mailing list should be sorted by the field "email". If it is sorted by e.g. "name" and I click "next" MLK jumps to the next "name" but not to the next "email" which would match the search string.
1. I always forget to sort before searching... This requires: leaving the dialogue, sorting by the desired field, opening the dialogue, writing again the search string, done. Thatīs a long way.
2. If the search is not successful a new search in another field is usually done. Then the same procedure has to be done...

Proposal: MLK sorts the mailing list on its own depending on the search field specified in the find member dialogue.

Yango

SPM9
MLK7

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  16:32:25  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Yango

Your comment highlights a discrepancy between design and usage. We designed the Find dialog with the purpose that it would only be used to find a single contact (i.e. we know the exact address or full name), whereas when a user wanted to find all possible contacts matching a search (e.g. just searching by domain or a surname) they would use the Filter/Search function.

However as it transpires many users use the Find function to do partial match searching (where there may be many returned results) and for this it presently does not work well.

So you raise a good point that when clicking Previous/Next in the contact dialog it should move to the next match (rather than the next database item).

Another idea would be that the Find dialog could have a "Find All" button that would return the results in the main grid (in other words, redirect the results to the Filter/Search function).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: