Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Comparison of Mail List King with Open Source
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Douggg

USA
211 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  07:51:30  Show Profile  Reply
I've been the administrator of 23 mailing lists for over 10 years. In that time I have tried several mailing list programs, Majordomo, Pegasus, MailMan, WorldCast Mail, on-line web managed email and even tried using Exchange Server.

I can begin to tell you how many hundreds of hour I have invested troubleshooting the problems I have had with the open source software. And that doesn’t include the hundredths more customizing and testing just to get it to almost do what we need it to do.

I’ve been struggling using MailMan for the past two years and it’s still not working the way I need it.

A year or so ago my friend told me about Mail List King. When he first described it to me I thought it was for small mailing lists because it had to be used with Outlook. After buying the current version of MailList King I found I was wrong.

The features in the current version of MailList King are superior to Majordomo, Pegasus, WorldCast Mail, the web manged lists, MailMan. Not only that, it has all the futures right out of the box I’ve spent hours trying to get MailMan to do. On top of all I can secure the box behind a firewall something I can’t do with any of the others.

The documentation is very well written, has easy follow examples and clearly explains the functionality. It’s perfect!

After fighting for years with the other mailing list program I just want to let you know how pleased I am with Mail List King.

Thanks

Doug Spindler
Pacific IT Professionals
A professional association for IT Professionals

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  15:45:46  Show Profile  Reply
Excellent, thanks Doug

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com