Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Html Entities
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julien

Belgium
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  03:38:13  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,

Dealing with char. encoding is a pain. ISO-8859-1 is our writers/readers choice. I found that using html entities does solve many issues.

The problem is that when I open the html file with MLK, each html entity is replaced by its corresponding character which will be incorrectly display on some email clients. Why that ?

I formerly used MLK editor to compose the newsletter but I had so many problems that I decided to try something else.

I also played alot with the Settings.ini file without major success.

Please advise.

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  14:05:44  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Julien

When you open an HTML file in MLK it should automatically read the encoding used in the HTML file. If that is not occuring please email us your HTML file for analysis.

Check it under the Encoding item, under Edit on the message sending toolbar.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Julien

Belgium
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  03:58:04  Show Profile  Reply
MLK sets the correct characters encoding if you do specify a meta tag.
The question is : does MLK check that the file is actually saved into that char. encoding ?

My problem is that the HTML produced is post-processed to include all html entities possible and when I load such file, MLK reverts back all those html entities. Which is not good if you ask me.

What can I do ?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  20:01:46  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Julien

MLK should save the selected encoding to the HTML file as well.

If you are encountering an issue in the way it is working, please send the HTML file to me with the steps to reproduce it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: