Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 lost blocked list - maillist.dat question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

achintya

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  02:33:41  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I am running MLK Business Edition PRO.

My computer crashed while MLK was open. When I next opened MLK all my settings had disappeared, including groups, blocked list etc.

I successfully restored my computer to earlier time, and my MLK settings returned, but not my blocked list. Is there any way I can restore that list? If people were in that list, were they automatically removed from current groups? I am worried that suddenly 100 people are going to start receiving messages again.

Also, for backup purposes, I want to back up maillist.DAT but the only file I can find with that name was last modified 16/02/07, months ago, so I don't think that is my current DAT file. My Vista computer can't find any other maillist.DAT file? Where should I look for it?

Any help with the above two questions would be welcome.

achintya

Achintya (Barry Hill)

Find out about my music and listen to some tracks:
music/web: www.achintya-music.co.uk

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  02:23:11  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Achintya

Mailist.dat is for an older version of MLK. For the verison you are using Mlk_main.dat is the main database file.

Regarding your blocked list, you need to find the file Never.txt which will have been in your Settings folder.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

achintya

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  03:10:00  Show Profile  Reply
thanks for that Nigel

where am I likely to find mlk.main.dat in a Vista windows set up... can't currently find it anywhere/

I have found never.txt, in my maillist directory in Programme Files, which originally had quite a few emails in it... now it has none?

Is it likely to have been stored somewhere else? I did an upgrade about a year ago from previous version of MLK to business edition, so I wonder if it was stored elsewhere?

One last question; if my never.txt has somehow been lost and it contained around 100 or so emails, will they have been automatically removed from all my mailing lists? I am concerned that if the list is now empty, people who were on it will suddenly begin getting emails again?

thanks

ac

quote:
Originally posted by xequte

Hi Achintya

Mailist.dat is for an older version of MLK. For the verison you are using Mlk_main.dat is the main database file.

Regarding your blocked list, you need to find the file Never.txt which will have been in your Settings folder.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com

Achintya (Barry Hill)

Find out about my music and listen to some tracks:
music/web: www.achintya-music.co.uk

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  19:37:54  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Barry

Under Vista your settings are generally located in:

C:\Users\ <YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME> \AppData\Local\Xequte\MailList King

And your database in:

C:\Users\ <YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME> \AppData\Local\Xequte\MailList King\DB\

If you have upgraded it may be in another location. Try searching your system but make sure you set the option to search in Hidden folders.

The Never.txt is only used for addresses that you specify to block yourself. When users unsubscribe themselves they are automatically added to the "Removed" database table file and you can block them by setting the "Unsubscriber Blocking" option under View>Options, Blocking. In other words you can block anyone who has unsubcribed themselves in the past.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: