Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Using MLK Server
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sistasluv

25 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  02:37:16  Show Profile  Reply
I set up my sending options to send the email using MLK server.... and if after 2 attempts it didnt work I set it up to send via outlook and my ISP.

The program prepared 7000 emails...... only 1000 of them were sent out via MLK the rest remained as drafts in my outlook box.

Now everytime I click the send receive botton nothing happens. All the drafts just stay there and outlook says send/receive is done.

1. Why did only 1000 go out with MLK?
2. How do I get the other emails to go out?

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  12:29:50  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

So you have 6000 messages remaining in your Drafts folder?

Note: When you send using Extended MAPI in MLK your messages are sent from the Drafts folder rather than Outlook.

It sounds as though your ISP has limited your sending to 1000 per day/session.

Is a warning icon shown in your Outlook status bar after you click Send/Receive? What error is displayed when you click it?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

sistasluv

25 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  03:45:48  Show Profile  Reply
I dont get an error message. It just does nothing... It says send/recieve done.

I thought sending via MLK server avoided using my ISP which limits the number of emails sent.

Did I set this up wrong?

Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  20:38:17  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Yes, using the internal SMTP server does avoid your ISP's limits, however if the messages are appearing in Outlook's Drafts folder then you are using the Outlook sending option, not the internal SMTP server.

Go into View>Options, Sending and check what sending method is selected.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

sistasluv

25 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  03:19:54  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

Still having problems here. I have prepared an email to go out to 20,0000 people. Its now taken over 15 hours... USING MLK INTERNAL SERVER... and its only sent 6000 emails.

ADDITIONALLY...... it says that the 6000 were all failures with no success on delivery. Whats all this mean and why so slow and how do i fix this.
Go to Top of Page

justuspost

USA
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  11:17:53  Show Profile  Reply
If there is are 100% failures, then you have something mis configured. It is advisable to configure the SMTP and then TEST it to 1-3 on your personal e-mail addresses. This will help you quickly run through testing steps.

Once you have the SMTP set up properly and it sends fine, then you can deal with the 'send time' issue. Yes, it can and likely will take 10+ hours to send 20,000 e-mails. I send ~650k on a 100mbs (generally using ~50-60mbs) and it still takes several hours to send. When I had it only on 2 T1's (~3.2 mbs) the sends took over 24 hours. I would guess you have 256-512kbs.. and thus it will take a while. This is NOT to do with MLK but rather the connection (handshake, auth, data send) to the other mail server. Some are fast, some are slow, some connect fast, some queue you.

---- on another note -----
Judging by your lack of understanding of how the general process works, I would venture to guess that these 20,000 names were either purchased or skimmed... both of which are illegal. FYI. Your domain registrar can (and will) revoke your domain and within the USA and most countries in the world, you can be (and spammers often are) prosecuted.

Please excuse me if I am completely wrong assuming this, but typically if someone has 20k double opt in names they understand the basic principals of bulk mail as their list didn't materialize over night.

Hope this helps! Pardon me if I am wrong.

Justus
Go to Top of Page

sistasluv

25 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  04:58:16  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for the warning but my lack of understanding how MailList works with mass mailings is a result of learning "new software".... which should not lead one to speculate that this equates to user also being obliviois to spamming law/guidlines.... etc.

My list are legitimate people who sign up for my newsletters. But again... thanks for the warning and I will look into the configuration.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: