Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 html format lost
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darrellg

17 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  23:14:50  Show Profile  Reply
I am sending this to the other users. It is late friday night and I am having a problem that has just started occuring.
So far I have made several html formatted emails ins WebStudio 4.0 with good success. I open them into the mlk email window and they look terrific in the preview (as well as in the sent messages windows. In other words in mlk they look great.) But I started getting questions from recepients asking what this was they were receiving as they were getting alot of text and no graphics. Also, several of the emails that I sent to my customers some were aok and others were garbled. As I began sending to my own yahoo account I find the formatting is completely ignore. The images, links and texts are all stacked on top of each other rather then as formatted, and as I said they look perfect in preview.

Help. We are trying to launch email marketing as a product line for our ad firm and this is a big setback.

Darrell

darrellg

17 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  09:07:35  Show Profile  Reply
More info:
When I send an email message through Outlook to another one of our email accounts it looks fine. When I send it through Outlook to yahoo/gmail it is all screwed up.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  04:32:09  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Darrell

Under View>Options, Sending, Settings, what sending method are you using? Does changing it affect the issue? Does is still happen if you create the message completely in MLK?

Are you using Microsoft Exchange?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

darrellg

17 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  06:28:28  Show Profile  Reply
Currently I am using the internal smtp. messages sent to yahoo and gmail the messages were scrambled. I am unable to send to myself (outlook) at this setting.

I have tried using Outlook also - I could send it to myself and it was fine, but I had received customer comments of it being scrambled. When I sent it to my yahoo and gmail accounts they were scrambled.

I am not using Exchange. I will attempt to create in mlk. I will send an email to you. Tell me what you get.

Darrell
Go to Top of Page

darrellg

17 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  06:50:54  Show Profile  Reply
I am unable to import my jpgs into the email in mlk. getting the red x in a box.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  04:01:45  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Darrell

I didn't receive any message. What was the subject line?

There must be something weird about the HTML files you are using, or they method you do it. The best method is to save the HTML to a file and load it into MLK using hte Open button on Message Editing toolbar.

Also you can click the Preview button on the message editing toolbar to see how the message should display to recipients.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

darrellg

17 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  07:12:09  Show Profile  Reply
from my first email of this thread.
<I open them into the mlk email window and they look terrific in the preview (as well as in the sent messages windows. In other words in mlk they look great.) >
I will resend them to you.
Darrell
Go to Top of Page

darrellg

17 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  07:27:15  Show Profile  Reply
I cannot send an email to you. MLK does not recognize your email address.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  17:59:44  Show Profile  Reply
So many customers inadvertently added our addresses to the list that MLK will block them by default. I will email you some addresses to use.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

adrianw

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  03:19:24  Show Profile  Reply
quote:
Originally posted by darrellg

Currently I am using the internal smtp. messages sent to yahoo and gmail the messages were scrambled. I am unable to send to myself (outlook) at this setting.

I have tried using Outlook also - I could send it to myself and it was fine, but I had received customer comments of it being scrambled. When I sent it to my yahoo and gmail accounts they were scrambled.

Webmail clients - I've tested Yahoo, gmail and HotMail - filter out many HTML and CSS formatting controls.
See for example http://www.contactology.com/webmail-friendly-email-1.php
I don't know if this is your only problem, but if you haven't borne this in mind when composing your HTML email, webmail clients are likely to have problems viewing your emails.

Adrian
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  01:28:24  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Adrian

Thanks for your comments. It is true that CSS, in particular can cause some problems for some email clients. CSS is not officially supported for email and so its use is not recommended.

In Darrell's case he emailed to report that the problem was with the HTML files he had created in WebStudio. Switching to Front Page resolved the problem.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: