Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Web Form
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tarlong

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  16:46:08  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,
This may have been answered already but is just to tiresome to go through all the topics right now, so here it goes:
Is there something like formmail for excahnge? Or how can i send the data collected as the body of the mail instead of sending it as an attachment.

Saludos,

albert

tarlong

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  16:55:09  Show Profile  Reply
Crap-o!

It seems that outlook is to blame here, i tried the webform with mozilla and it acted correctly. Now, if your browser is IE, and Outlook is the mailer, then the form data goes out as an attachment. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Saludos,

albert
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  17:09:41  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Albert

The content/format of a web form message depends on the cgi formmail script of the web server, the software on your computer should not make a difference (unless you are just using a mailto: form action in your web forms).

Can you advise me where your web form is located so i can look at it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

tarlong

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  09:24:06  Show Profile  Reply
Which is exactly my case. I have advised the web developer, who is offsite and a contractor, to check the formmail script out. The one i found is for unix, is there one that we can use that is windows/exchange based? Or can we just use that one with a few changes. I found it here:
http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html
or do you mean the service?
http://www.formmail.com/

I appreciate the help, thanks.

Saludos,

albert
Go to Top of Page

tarlong

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  09:26:08  Show Profile  Reply
By the way, i was mistaken with mozilla. It does grab the post query into the body of the email but it sends out this:
Subject=Web+Form+Submission&Action%3A=Subscribe&Full+Name%3A=alan+brito&E-mail%3A=alhiem%40gmail.com&Country%3A=PUR&Language%3A=en

which MLK ignores.

Saludos,

albert
Go to Top of Page

tarlong

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  17:31:11  Show Profile  Reply
.Net has a way of sending correctly. MLK still ignores the email
I noticed that if send a direct email to the email attached to MLK, everything goes as expected. Now, if i do the web form, which now send the correct text and subject, it gets ignored. I highly suspect that it has something to do with the way the exchange server is set up here. I took exactly the same email, but instead of firing it from the webform, i send it from my gmail account with the webform format (ergo: subject = Web Form Submission, and values in the body for action, group, email and country) and it worked. Has anyone been through something like this?

Saludos,

albert
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  15:58:11  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Albert

With every web site, your web hosting provider should offer a formmail script for sending of web form messages. You should use this instead of mailto: forms which may or may not be configured correctly on the users system and do not provide a consistent output due to email software.

Contact your web hosting provider and ask them for details on accessing your formmail script.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: