Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 DBISAM Error?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

electricwind

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  19:21:14  Show Profile  Reply
I've gotten this error three times over the past couple of weeks. Today I got it, and then MLK crashed:

An error was encountered creating your temporary tables: DBISAM Engine Error #13060 The table " already exists

Anything I should do?

Thanks, Nigel,

Boyd

xteam

6 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  04:13:09  Show Profile  Reply
I am having the same problem when running a large mailing (20-40k.) Keep getting the following message:

An error was encountered creating your temporary tables: DBISAM Engine Error # 13060. The table " already exists.

Once OK'd mailing resumes until error reoccurs. This means MLK cannot be left to run unattended.

I'd be grateful for some feedback.

Toby
Go to Top of Page

electricwind

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  05:24:26  Show Profile  Reply
Yes, I should have mentioned that it was during mailing...in my case, all times this has happened has been during a spaced-batch sending, and I found myself babysitting the program.

Boyd
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  15:10:45  Show Profile  Reply
Hmmm, what versions are you using?

I would first try doing a repair of the database and see if that resolves the problem as your database has probably been corrupted.

Have you tried running the database utility and repairing your send tables:

i) Download the Database Utility from http://www.xequte.com/download/dbsys330.exe
ii) Install and Run it.
iii) Select Utilities>Repair
iv) Click Select and browse to your database folder (search your hard disk for the file mlk_main.dat to locate your database folder)
v) Your database files will be displayed in the box below. Hold down the Ctrl key and select each file in turn
vi) Click Open to repair all of your files

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xteam

6 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  15:32:05  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

I was running v6.26R, but have upgraded to v6.28R and optimised the database, but the problem keeps recurring.

Now I've attempted to repair the database following your instructions but keep getting another error:

DBISAM Engine Error # 11010 Table 'C:\...\MaiList King\...\.BLB' does not exist.

Any suggestions?

Toby
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  17:07:02  Show Profile  Reply
Is your database too large to send to me (put it into a zip, but don't use email, send it via www.dropload.com).

Does it say what BLB file it can't find?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xteam

6 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  07:37:06  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

I've managed to run the database repair utility. The problem is that there is a blank line at the top of the list of database files. If selected, on Open the error '.BLB does not exist' is returned, though it doesn't say which .BLB it can't find. If deselected, all the other database files are repaired. Do you want me to mail you the repair log file?

Will let you know if repairing the database has resolved the original problem (Error # 13060)

Toby
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  15:49:36  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Toby

That's very weird. Is it possible that you deleted some files? Do you have a text backup of your database?

Please send me your database files.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

electricwind

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  04:10:10  Show Profile  Reply
My sending schedule came back around again, and despite doing the database repair, I'm still getting this same error about the DB not existing. It seems to happen when I send out timed batches. The process stops with the error, but once the OK button is pushed it carries on as if nothing happened.

Usage-wise it's inconvenient, because for each batch I have to essentially send it manually. I haven't had this problem before the last two builds.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  16:56:10  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Have you tried running chkdsk on the drive itself, in case the drive is going bad?

Try copying your database to another folder and opening the copy (and using that one) to see if that resolves it.

You might also export your database to a file, and then create a new database and import your records.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

electricwind

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  18:02:07  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

I think I've finally figured out what's going on. I did do CHKDSK and actually found a corrupted file from Zone Alarm... but that wasn't it.

I believe what's happening is that on my Toshiba laptop with WinXP Home, when the computer is idle for more than, say, 15 minutes, it begins to turn things off, such as the processor, disk drive, and then, the screen. If any of these things are "sleeping," when MLK comes on thru a timer, before the computer has a chance to "wake up," MLK has already lost contact with the database, and then reports the error.

I've had this happen on a couple of other programs, and for the life of me, I can't find the controls to prevent this from happening. It's not in the power usage area--it seems to be something built in to XP (unless there's a setting in "services" that I'm not seeing).

When I keep the machine busy, MLK runs its batch send timer just fine. So, after all, it was my machine.

Boyd
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  01:25:33  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Boyd

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps another reader knows how to re-configure your laptop settings.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

jpsjamdg

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:03:31  Show Profile  Reply
I have this error happen as well. It happens to me over a networked computer (wireless conection) when my computer and the server are not communicating properly. What I do is simply restart MLK and it is fine. For me, it is not a MLK issues, but a network conectivity issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: