Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Outlook 2007
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hcross

37 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  10:41:47  Show Profile  Reply
Any known issues?

Thanks,

Howard

--
howard cross

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  14:18:53  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Howard

Only one user has reported an Outlook 2007 issue so far (messages were not deleted from Drafts after sending). Other than that all other users that have tried it have found it works no differently from Outlook 2003.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

tcomdr

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  08:06:06  Show Profile  Reply
Yes I'm having this problem in 2007, it appears to send but leaves it in the Drafts folder. But what is really bad here is it doesn't show being sent in the sent folder. I ended up doing an e-mailing twice because I thought it had not worked. This needs to be fixed.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  22:50:14  Show Profile  Reply
Hmmm, weird.

Please test the following:

Go into View>Options, Other, Advanced and turn off the Extended MAPI. Then do a small test sending and let me know whether the messages leave your Outbox (and go into sent items.

Note: I know this will give you a warning when sending but I need to determine whether the problem is in the Extended MAPI interface.

Also, are you using the custom sender settings under View>Options, Sending, Settings?

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  23:13:24  Show Profile  Reply
I've also sent a test program to your email address (that you used when ordering), try that and let me know what results you get.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

tcomdr

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  05:49:28  Show Profile  Reply
Turning the extend mapi off fixes the issue, the message leaves the drafts folder and items show up in sent. I had the same results with you test program though while the message left the drafts folder it just disappeared and didn't show up in the sent folder.

For now I'll leave the extend mapi off until there is a permanent fix. Thanks for the temporary work around.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  15:52:18  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for the detail. We are investigating the issue and hopefully a fix will not be far off.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Bob Edwards

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  09:59:05  Show Profile  Reply
I'm not sure whether it is an issue yet, since I did a workaround that seemed to work this morning. After migrating to Vista yesterday -- a wonderful experience all in itself -- I also upgraded to MS Office Pro and Outlook 2007. When I attempted to send our weekly update, I was told that Vista does not support DHTML (I was using MLK 5.3P) After several fruitless hours of trying to fix it via the MS-suggested way, I went to this site, discovered the DHTML issue (which MS does not address anywhere I could find) and ordered the upgrade to 6P.
The send e-mail error message disappeared, but I was then informed I needed an "add-in" from the software manufacturer when I attempted to send the message via BCC.
Since my mailout was already a day late -- thank-you, Bill Gates -- I reset the send options to individual mail. It seems to be working, but, as you can image, incredibly slowly. (An hour into this, only 250 messages have been sent out of nearly 2000.)
Moreover, I did not discover this forum in time to turn of the extended MAPI option, so now I have a draft box full of messages that never seem to go away.
I will try this again later to get a more objective view of what might be causing the problems, but I wish I had waited to do my "upgrades" until after the weekly e-mail had been sent.

Regards,
Bob Edwards

PS Vista also forced me to reload my shopping cart software, since none of the settings migrated with the upgrade from XP to Vista. Fortunately, none of my settings/data were lost. A productive day of work lost...
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  21:22:20  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Bob

We expect to have an update later this week for the Office 2007 Drafts folder issue. As you read, the current workaround is to disable extended MAPI.

Pre-v6 versions are not compatible with vanilla Vista installs, because Microsoft has now disabled DHTML (which is used in MLK v3 to v5). Vista should recognize when you are trying to use DHTML and prompt you to install it, but I see that you in your case that was not as easy as one would like.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  15:38:27  Show Profile  Reply
We now have an update available to fix this issue. Please email support@xequte.com if you are experiencing it.

(There will be a general release of the update later in the week).

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: