Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Creating Mailing-Lists
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rabitz

6 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  07:49:52  Show Profile  Reply
I am a new user of MailList King and therefore would like to know if anybody could assist me in creating a couple of mailing lists.
We changed our system from SAMBAR to Exchange with Outlook. In SAMBAR it was quite easy to create and organize Mailing lists, but as I learned, for Exchange an external software, like MailList King is needed. But now for my question: Do I have to install the software on the machine, where EXCHANGE-server is running or can it be installed on a client? If installed on a client, will the mailing-list functionality only be present if the machine is online?

Regards, Rabitz

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  15:45:06  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Rabitz

It can be installed on a client machine. It only needs to have access to e-mail software or pop server for retrieval of mailing list messages, and e-mail software or an SMTP server for message delivery.

Mailing list functionality will only be available when the computer is turned on.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Rabitz

6 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  02:14:10  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

thanks a lot for your hints. Another question: Will Mail-List King run on a 64-Bit OS, like Win 2003 Server 64? If so, I'd like to install on our server directly. Otherwise I'd like to install onto another machine.

Thanks you in advance,

Rabitz
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  00:01:54  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Rabitz

It shouldn't be a problem and we haven't had any reports of issues on Win 2003/64.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Rabitz

6 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  10:47:37  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

another question concerning the integration of MLK with Exchange:

Our Exchange doesn't fetch his POP3-mails itself. This is done by a software called exchangePOP3. When I'm trying to integrate MLK now, I configured MLK in the way, that it looks up the POP-account every 10 minutes for mails addressed to a specific group. So far so good. But: Meanwhile exchangePOP3 checks for mails as well, detects the message for the MLK group and rejects it, because it's addressed to a MLK group and not to a "real" mail user.

How shall MLK be integrated into Exchange in a "smooth" way? I can imagine, there are other users with those problems,too.

Regards,

Rabitz
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  21:50:49  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Rabitz

You can't have two systems accessing the same POP account. Either create a new POP account that only MLK uses, or configure MLK just to retrieve the messages from Outlook.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: