Xequte User Forums
Profile    Active Topics    Forum FAQ    Search this forumSearch
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Change: Multiple Instances / Toolbar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ILH

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

I have a suggestion for a future change - or at least I haven't figured out a simple way to do this.

I'm running several different mailing lists simultaneously by having two mor more instances of MLK going. If I receive non-web form messages and wish to use Outlook toolbar to "add to group", it will always default to one database, but not necessarily the one I want.

The only work-around I have found is to shut down all of the instances of MLK except one, and use the File/Open to open the database I want. That sets the default for the "add to group". Ok if you have lots of messages to process, but a pain if you have only one or two messages and need to go back and forth between databases.

It would be nice if the "add to group" would have a drop down for multiple databases so that you could select which database.

--
Ian Hubling
ian@hubling.com

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hmmm, yes, that is true, Ian,

Unfortunately it is not such an easy one to resolve due to the way that the toolbar called from Outlook communicates with the main MLK window.

Anyhow I would add it to our database for consideration for a future update.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

ILH

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  18:58:50  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

I have another short-term solution to the problem of multiple instances running. How about addding the ability to drag-n-drop the message onto the correct instance of MLK (on the taskbar) as a way to add the non-form email to the database?

--
Ian Hubling
ian@hubling.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7504 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  00:25:18  Show Profile  Reply
Yes, that would be quite cool. I'll look at that for a coming update.

Nigel
Xequte Software
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: