In this Issue:
Dear Xequte Software User,
Another year is drawing to a close, so we'd just like to wish you Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noël, Frohe Weihnachten, Kul 'am wa antum bi khayr, Buon Natale, Shana Tova or Seasons Greetings!
Please view our Christmas card :-)
2012 proved to be more frenetic than most and unfortunately this meant that much of our work has not yet made it into official releases yet. Better luck on that for 2013!
In my last newsletter I mentioned my planned road-trip with a friend up the middle of the USA. Many of you have since emailed me to ask how that had gone. In short, we had a great time, everyone was very friendly and we saw some amazing sites. There were far too many to mention, but the main ones were: Niagara Falls, Carlsbad Caverns, Henry Ford's Museum, Colorado (all of it, it's a lovely state) and San Antonio.
My traveling companion, Pete, kept a photo blog, to which I occasionally contributed:
Thank you for your support in 2012 and all the best for 2013.
* MailList King V11.21 Released
MailList King allows you to manage and communicate with a mailing list from your own computer. V11.21 is a minor update to fix a number of small issues and include some enhancements.
Top Five Enhancements:
1. New personalization fields: Current Day, Current Month and Current Year (and all support date shifting options)
2. When updating an email address in the Edit Member dialog you can optionally send an acknowledgement
3. Importing from distribution lists now supports categories (otherwise the distribution list name is used)
4. Now each message stores its own settings if you have customized the personalization date format
5. Many performance improvements when processing of personalization fields
Complete Change List: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/changes.html
More Info and evaluation download: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/
Registered Users: You can download the update by selecting Help > Check for Updates or by completing the following form:
* ImageEn: Vote for Features!
ImageEn is a photo editing and processing library for Delphi, .NET and ActiveX developers.
We have just started our UserVoice page so you can let us know what features we should be adding to the library. Please visit the following page to vote or suggest your own ideas:
More information on ImageEn is available at: http://www.imageen.com
* Freeware Spotlight: Text Lightning, Power Tools for Outlook
Use Outlook faster than ever before, with one click insertion of common text, images and files, automatic salutations (Never type "Dear Tom" again) and many other enhanced features.
Text Lightning has no ads, cons or cost, and can be downloaded from:
* Program Tips
DVD PixPlay: Sorting your Slideshow
There are two ways you can sort your slideshow:
- When adding images/videos using the "Add Images" button you can click the sort button to change the order of just the images being added
- By selecting Edit > Sort Slideshow you can change the order of images in your slideshow (all or selected)
Of course you can also manually re-order your images into your desired display order, either using drag and drop, or by selecting the image(s) and clicking the Promote or Demote buttons
- MailList King: Setting a Field of All Selected Members
MailList King offers a quick way to set a data field of all selected members without needing to edit each record in turn. For example, you may select all members of the domain, *@ABCco.com, and want to set the Company field for the selection to "ABC Company".
You can do this in MailList King using the "Set Database Field" dialog, which allows you to set a specified field (or add a custom field) for all selected records.
The function is only displayed when you have selected multiple records (as with one record it is quicker to use the "Edit Member Record").
When you have more than one record selected you can access it using Edit>Set Database Field on the menu, clicking the "Set Field" button on the toolbar or using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Enter.
- Smart Pix/MegaView: Slideshow Control Bar
If, like me, you often use Smart Pix or MegaView to play a “slideshow” of all the music files on your computer, you might like the new mini slideshow toolbar that hovers over all other windows. You can then minimize Smart Pix/MegaView and use the toolbar to navigate between songs (or images or videos), assign them a file rating or add them to your favorites list.
To display it right-click the slideshow playing icon in the toolbar and choose “Slideshow Control Bar”