In this Issue:
Dear Xequte Software User,
Well another year is drawing to a close so from everyone here at Xequte we wish you a Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noël, Frohe Weihnachten, Kul 'am wa antum bi khayr, Buon Natale, Shana Tova or Seasons Greetings!
Please view our Christmas card :-)
Thank you for your custom in 2010, and I hope we can be of service to you in 2011!
As way of warning, things will be a bit slow here in early January when we escape for our annual camping holiday beside a dormant volcano (which now happens to be New Zealand’s largest lake). After that we will be [hopefully] much refreshed and ready for another year of developing great software.
* Amaze Screen Saver V8.0 Released
Amaze Multimedia Screen Saver displays all of your favorite photos and videos whenever your computer is idle.
Top Five Enhancements
1. 26 cool new transition effects featuring hearts, stars, crosses and explosions
2. Transition effects are now categorized to make it easier to find your favorites
3. Photos display with improved quality during multishows
4. Faster loading of large photos
5. Windows 7 improvements including display of progress in task bar
V8.0 is a free upgrade to all users who purchased a license or upgrade after July 1, 2010. Everyone who qualifies should already have been emailed a new serial number (e-mail us if not).
Other registered users can upgrade for $9.50 at:
More info and download: http://www.xequte.com/amaze/
* Text Lightning, Power Tools for Outlook, V2.0 Released
Text Lightning allows you to clear your Outlook Inbox faster than ever before with instant access to the most common replies and text snippets you insert into your emails. It also offers one quick move, auto salutation (“Dear John”) and much more.
And with v2.0 Text Lightning is now Free! (If you have purchased it in 2010 please email us for a credit).
Top Five Enhancements
1. Now supports Outlook 2010 (Note: 32 bit only)
2. Improved Quick Text: Automatic conversion of embedded links, better text matching for HTML
3. Improved searching: Now guesses the best Quick Text and remembers ones you frequently use
4. Product selection now much quicker
5. Updated database engine for better performance
All Changes: http://www.xequte.com/textlightning/changes.html#200
More info and download: http://www.xequte.com/textlightning/
* MailList King V10.12 Released
MailList King allows you to manage and communicate with a mailing list from your own computer. Since our recent V10 release we have issued a number of updates to improve performance and functionality.
Top Five Enhancements (since v10):
1. Upgraded database engine for improved performance and reliability
2. Can now position group search panel on top or left (Select View > Group Box Position)
3. Can change the send status of recipients of a sending task by pasting or importing an email list
4. Styling improvements to Group search mode including visible grip for resizing
5. Now remembers your most recently used search fields
All Changes: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/changes.html
More info and download: http://www.xequte.com/maillistking/
Registered Users: You can download the updated version from the link you received when purchasing/upgrading to V10. You can also go to: http://www.xequte.com/support/serial/
* DVD PixPlay Price Changes
We’ve held the price of DVD PixPlay for four years, but we can’t hold our heads in the sand for much longer. Shortly we will be reviewing our pricing, which, of course, is marketing speak for an increase, so if you are looking to purchase or upgrade, please do it now!
Purchase at the old price: http://www.xequte.com/order/buydpp.html
Upgrade at the old price: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/upgrade.html
Changes will take effect on 23rd December.
* Program Tips
- DVD PixPlay: Frame Captions and Adding Text to Frames
There are two ways to add text to your frames in DVD PixPlay:
Frame Captions: If you select Edit > Slideshow Properties and choose the Frame Captions tab, you can choose the custom text option. This adds a small text box to the bottom right of the main window where you can quickly specify a caption for each frame. If your photos have embedded descriptions (by using Smart Pix, MegaView, Photoshop, Picasa) then DVD PixPlay will use that text automatically.
Add Text: If you need more control (e.g. different fonts and positioning for each frame) you can click the Add Text button on the toolbar. This provides a complete editor and also allows you to add clipart and shapes to your photos.
- MailList King: Layout of Group Search Mode
In v10.10 we added a couple of important features to one of the most important display modes in MailList King: Group Searching:
- You can now position the group search box on the left instead of the top, which can be useful if you have a long group. Select View > Group Box Position to change it
- Probably the most well hidden feature of this mode was that the group box could be resized by dragging the space between it and the grid. We’ve now addressed this shortcoming by adding a small thumbgrip to make its utility more obvious
- Smart Pix/MegaView: Slideshow Control Bar
If, like me, you often use Smart Pix or MegaView to play a "slideshow" of all the music files on your computer, you might like the mini slideshow toolbar that hovers over all other windows. You can then minimize Smart Pix/MegaView and use the toolbar to navigate between songs (or images or videos), assign them a file rating or add them to your favorites list.
To display it right-click the slideshow playing icon in the toolbar and choose "Slideshow Control Bar"
- Amaze: Automatic Display of Internet Photos
If you pair Amaze with "Picture of the Day" you can enhance your screen saver with photos downloaded automatically from the many great "Image of the Day" sites available on the Internet. To enable this, download and install POTD from www.xequte.com/other/ Then run it and check the option "Display images as a screen saver"