Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Sender Profiles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cfhenrickson

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  07:17:51  Show Profile  Reply
We have two constituencies. The first group includes those who are Virginia Wine Lovers (we do make some pretty good juice up here). The second includes the wineries themselves.

We use SES to send the emails. However, we would like to communicate with the 300 or so wineries as Virginia Wine Events. That's a web site we built for the wineries use to publish and broadcast info about their events. Those events then land in a global event database called Virginia Wine Events.

To communicate with the remaining elements of the database (28K or so) we would like to communicate as Little Washington Winery.

To accomplish those respective identities, I need to change a bunch of stuff in the Send Settings. That keeps Amazon much happier. To comply with Amazon's TOS, I have created 2 identities in my Amazon Dashboard. One for LWW the other for VWE.

It would be neat if I could have a profile established for VWE and another for LWW so that I don't need to manually change the send settings.

I believe I am running version 13.X.

Got any suggestions?

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  23:42:29  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

You have two main options. Firstly, if the changes are minor such as just changing the reply address and name, then you can simply create a second sending profile. When you create a new message you will then see a sending profile selector and can choose which profile to use.

If the changes are much more major, then you might consider having two separate databases for each of your constituencies. If you then specify that each database has unique settings, then all settings are then only applied to the current database.

You might also want to see:

http://www.xequte.com/support/maillistkingfaq.html#29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: