Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Trying to set up Amazon SES
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pmorettini

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  19:32:25  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,

I'm trying for the first time to set up Amazon SES sending through Maillistking. I stuck on the "verify email" box in the setup console. When I try to put an email address in the box it won't take it, and when I click on the "verify email" link I get an SSL error message about not being about to communicate with Amazon SES. What am I doning wrong? I did go into the SES console to verify my email address, it says "pending". Do I need to wait for that to come through. And if so, what do I do next after that?

Sorry for the basic question--thanks for your help. -Phil

pmorettini

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  19:37:45  Show Profile  Reply
Update:

I have verified my email addresses through the Amazon SES console. But I still can't get past that field in the Maillistking setup screen. "None" is in the verify email box, and it won't let me change it. Please direct me here. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  23:23:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Phil

It sounds like you are still using the Web API, please see:

http://www.xequte.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4503

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

pmorettini

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  13:46:56  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

Ok, I switched it to SMTP, now am getting a different error message. I got the SMTP credentials and put them in MLK. I also verified three different email addresses as well as my domain. All show up as verified in the SES console.

But when I go to send a test message out of the MLK setup screen, I get an error message that says "Error encountered while sending with SMTP. Message Rejected: Email Address is not verified." I tried all 3 email addresses that I specifically verified in the reply address, all three give the same error.

Phil
Go to Top of Page

pmorettini

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  14:07:12  Show Profile  Reply
Another update: I changed the server from the Amazon East Server that was in the MLK setup screen to the Amazon West server that was specified in the Amazon Console and it worked. So I'm good there now.

Last question--hopefully

I need to send my quarterly newsletter in early January to about 15,000 addresses. I only mail my list these 4 times/year. I'm assuming that AWS won't let me do that in my first mailing since I'm new, reading their literature. Assuming they won't (I will request it) is there a way I can easily subdivide my list to send my newsletter on consecutive (or several) days to accommodate the AWS sending limits? Hope my question is clear.

Phil
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  20:13:49  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Phil

You could do it automatically using ISP Limits (under File > Options), e.g. only send 500 per hour.

Or you could do it manually, e.g. by selecting a quarter of your list (search "Email" <= G, for instance, then Ctrl+A) and assigning them to a group...

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

pmorettini

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  22:55:58  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for the two good ideas, Nigel. -Phil
Go to Top of Page

pmorettini

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  18:17:35  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

One more small Amazon SES question with regards to sending limits. I was able to get them to raise my limit to 25K/day, which is good and I specified this in MLK. But there is also a limit of no more than 10 emails/sec. I couldn't find where to specify this in MLK. Is there somewhere to do this?
-Thanks,
Phil
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  12:46:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Phil

Your limit allows 17 emails per minute. If you set this value (17/min) then you are unlikely to have any issues, as the average out your sending speed.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

pmorettini

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  12:52:49  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks, Nigel. Did you mean 17 emails/sec?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  16:20:33  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

25K/day = 17/min

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

electricwind

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  21:02:16  Show Profile  Reply
Go back to "ADDRESS NOT VERIFIED" error. In my Amazon console, it IS verified. I changed the server to the "west" in the Amazon console, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Boyd Martin
Subtle Energy Solutions
San Diego, CA
Go to Top of Page

electricwind

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  15:49:08  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

After waiting overnight, I tried the setup again, and it worked fine. There apparently is a time lag between verifying the email address by Amazon and being able to use it.

Boyd Martin
Subtle Energy Solutions
San Diego, CA
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: