Xequte User Forums
Profile | Join | Active Topics | Search | Forum FAQ
Forum membership is Free!  Click Join to sign-up
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forum Tips
» This forum is for users to discuss their software problems and suggestions for improvement.  Remember that only a tiny percentage of our users experience such problems (To be precise less than 0.7% have ever posted on this forum)
» Include your software version number (as displayed in the About Box)
» Check the FAQ before posting as most common questions have already been answered
» You don't need to also e-mail us separately as our support team will respond to all questions on this forum

All Forums
 Xequte User Forums
 MailList King
 Changing to POP3 SSL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

positron

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  05:48:08  Show Profile  Reply
I am updating a client using the latest MLK 13.03 from getting mail using a POP account on an internal server to an POP account using SSL (Office 365 at outlook.office365.com). I tested the credentials and connection using a different mail app. but MailList King reports the following when trying to retrieve mail:

An error was encountered accessing your POP Server: Error connecting with SSL(0)

Is there something I'm missing regarding the account setup?

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  20:45:58  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Under File > Options, Database, Advanced Database Settings, Extra Advanced Database settings, does changing the SSL method resolve the issue?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

positron

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  06:57:37  Show Profile  Reply
I changed the setting to 4 and now it works properly.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Peter

2 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  03:22:21  Show Profile  Reply
Hello,
I'm having a similar problem. I updated to 13.03 as required to fix the problems with the latest windows patches. Now MLK doesnt connect to my providers mail server for sending anymore, I get the same error message but with error code (-1).

I tried all settings you suggested for the SSL method (1 to 4) and I either get error code -1 or 0 but no success with any of those. Prior to upgrading MLK it worked, please help.

I'm on Windows 7 with all Win patches installed.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

7042 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2014 :  18:12:20  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Peter

What version were you using previously that worked? Also, have you checked that your firewall/antivirus software are not blocking (the updated version of) MailList King?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Peter

2 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  00:47:31  Show Profile  Reply
Ah, yes, Firewall ... I missed this one, the updated MLK was not allowed to communicate through it. Thank you Nigel !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: